• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Zaldir

Zaldir

• Moderators
  • 12,672 posts

28th July 2012...
Tried it again :P
This time I got even to the Pay Pal site but then I still got asked for a credit card -.-
Would be much easier if such methods like "Sofortüberweisung" are supported.

I sound like someone who is making a advertise but honestly I just like this method since I don't have to get a credit card.
Just normal online banking.
I got enough plastic cards (bank card, insurance card, ...) in my wallet so I don't want to have one more by a credit card. :P

Maybe this site is sponsored by Pay Pal?
But adding other payment methods will be even more lucrative since not the whole world is using Pay Pal or credit cards ;)

Can't you use your bank card for paying? (At least where I come from, bank card = credit card)

AltDunmer

AltDunmer

Fan

• Account closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
Nope.
I only have a debit card not a credit card and this one is not accepted by Pay Pal for a one-time transaction. ;)

I don't want to gear up since I principially don't like credit cards. It makes throwing money away much easier and I don't want to have the illusion of being able to buy the world. :P

Edited by AltDunmer, 28 July 2012 - 02:19 PM.

Thandal

Thandal

Faithful Kobold Companion

• Moderators
  • 23,176 posts

Nope.
I only have a debit card not a credit card and this one is not accepted by Pay Pal for a one-time transaction. ;)

I don't want to gear up since I principially don't like credit cards. It makes throwing money away much easier and I don't want to have the illusion of being able to buy the world. :P

PayPal accepts my debit card for one-time transactions... :ermm:
Sounds like yours is issued by an other-than-first-tier financial institution.
Might want to consider switching for this reason alone. :whistling:

[EDIT: Yeah, just checked. Sofort is not a financial institution, which is one of the reasons PayPal won't process transactions using it.
Try Posted Image :laugh: ]

AltDunmer

AltDunmer

Fan

• Account closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts
I just tried it again and made a picture of my problems by paying with Pay Pal ;)
Posted Image

I really want to support this page since the money I would invest in the Nexus site won't be thrown away.
Such a site which provides us so many sweet cookies has to life forever and therefore I will pay for a life-time membership :D

@Thandal
OMG... My bank account isn't at Sofortüberweisung :rolleyes:
I got my debit card from BAWAG where I am also registered for online banking.
And Sofortüberweisung is a easy and save online banking system which works very comfortable.

Can I support this site by online banking directly from my bank account too if there is no possibility of implementing Sofortüberweisung?
I didn't read such information and only Pay Pal is shown as payment method. How should I use my online banking with Pay Pal? I don't want to register at this institution. :P

Edited by AltDunmer, 28 July 2012 - 03:07 PM.

Thandal

Thandal

• Moderators
  • 23,176 posts

@Thandal
OMG... My bank account isn't at Sofortüberweisung :rolleyes:
I got my debit card from BAWAG where I am also registered for online banking.
And Sofortüberweisung is a easy and save online banking system which works very comfortable.

I realize Sofort isn't a bank (see the EDIT to my post above.) But doesn't your bank itself issue a debit card? If not, then as I said it may be time for a new bank. :thumbsup:

JimboUK

JimboUK

There's someone watching me, I can tell.

• Premium Member
  • 46,368 posts

Nope.

Do they do those pre pay credit cards is your part of the world?

AltDunmer

AltDunmer

Fan

• Account closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

But doesn't your bank itself issue a debit card? If not, then as I said it may be time for a new bank. :thumbsup:

Uhm... I already have a debit card as I said. ;)
But I cannot pay with it since it is only useable for electronic access to my bank account and it seems Pay Pal don't accept such a thing.
I think the picture explains my problem.

Well it is me who want support this site with money and it is actually not my fault if I am not be able to because there is just one payment method. :(

I had (HAD!) a account at Click&Buy but I don't like any online payment method (bad experience) where I have to register or own a credit card so therefore I am posting this issue.

It is a not understandable why I should do something (changing my trusted bank, getting a credit card) against my principles to be able to support something in form of paying money XD

I think I got a fair point begging for other payment methods. I trust my bank more than Pay Pal so online banking would be the only way for me to support this site.

Edited by AltDunmer, 29 July 2012 - 12:12 PM.

Thandal

Thandal

• Moderators
  • 23,176 posts
Well, you currently trust your bank and Sofort more than PayPal. :tongue:
And, as you have discovered, others (like this site) feel differently.

It's not a matter of not trusting Sofort specifically. It's a matter of not being able to individually evaluate every possible payment mechanism and transaction service provider available in every country. (All with their own, slightly different, rules and procedures.) There are just too many. :blink:

AltDunmer

AltDunmer

Fan

• Account closed
  • PipPipPip
  • 487 posts

There are just too many. :blink:

I've never asked for implementing EVERY possible payment method ;)
But online banking via the bank account should be possible :/
I tried it with the Pay Pal method just by clicking on it and following the steps but the picture I posted shows where I am stuck.
Don't know how to use a online banking function trough Pay Pal if that is even possible.

If it is it should be a bit better described since I totally don't know how I should use that without creating a account nor getting a credit card. :(

others (like this site) feel differently.

Yeah...
I've also NOT said that this payment method is full of s**t. ;)
So this is no point of discussion.

But again:
Why do I have to get a credit card or register my bank account on a online payment site like Pay Pal if I want to spent money to support a internet site?
I rather would give the owner of this site 39.99 GBP cash instead of using such a payment method.

Is it really this difficult to add another method like a simple online banking function? :(

Edited by AltDunmer, 29 July 2012 - 01:47 PM.

Zaldir

Zaldir

• Moderators
  • 12,672 posts

There are just too many. :blink:

I've never asked for implementing EVERY possible payment method ;)
But online banking via the bank account should be possible :/
I tried it with the Pay Pal method just by clicking on it and following the steps but the picture I posted shows where I am stuck.
Don't know how to use a online banking function trough Pay Pal if that is even possible.

If it is it should be a bit better described since I totally don't know how I should use that without creating a account nor getting a credit card. :(

others (like this site) feel differently.

Yeah...
I've also NOT said that this payment method is full of s**t. ;)
So this is no point of discussion.

But again:
Why do I have to get a credit card or register my bank account on a online payment site like Pay Pal if I want to spent money to support a internet site?
I rather would give the owner of this site 39.99 GBP cash instead of using such a payment method.

Is it really this difficult to add another method like a simple online banking function? :(

So, the problem here is really that you do not want to register your debit card on PayPal? (Because it is possible, since that is the way I pay everything that can not be paid directly from my bank account)

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.935 seconds