Regarding Site Listed as Pirate Site and more.

DarklitJupiter

For those that are happy it is over its a simple matter of STOP POSTING ABOUT IT.

Especially if you are going to post inanity like that...

Way to prove a point...

What do you think happens when a controversial change comes about but the only feedback is negative? Since people who approve of the change should just shut up about it and all.

There was nothing inane about anyone's comments here either. Just because your opinions differ from those of other people doesn't mean theirs are invalid.

Edited by UNOwenWasHer

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm happy to see this animosity between LL and the Nexus is finally over. Look people we have to take some words of wisdom from Totalbiscuit on this issue. If there's something you don't like then its a simple matter of NOT DOWNLOADING IT. Going to the ideal of, "well I think its offensive to me so I feel it should be denied to everyone because MY FEELS," is not being rational. Matter of fact that's being rather selfish and authoritarian; you're trying impose your own ideology because YOU think its right. I'm sorry if I offend you saying this but no; you have no right to enforce a system some people may not want it. You may think its just, but morally it isn't right. You're infringing on peoples basic ideals of choosing their own path, that almost makes you as bad as some extremist religions, forcing ideological ideals down peoples throats simply for that morbid sense of domination and control.

There are some REALLY REALLY good mods at LoversLab, some are not all adult themed. Potion retextures, model retextures, performance improvements and a host of other mods that make playing Skyrim and even Fallout 4 a more enjoyable experience (and this is coming from someone who was a little disgusted with Fallout 4, I personally think its severely lacking in the RPG department). There are sections for adult and non-adult pertaining to these games. For those offended by the adult theme its a simple matter of NOT GOING THERE. It's okay to not like things, but don't assume EVERYBODY agrees with you. We're better than that people, we live in a free society to go where we wish, when we wish and with as many as we wish and whatever ideal we wish. Assuming you have the authority to tell people something is wrong and denying it to them is not only immoral, but inhuman.

First of all, you are a day late and a dollar short here and are raging of something that is now, a non issue. The reason LL was blocked always was the rules and/or the law and Dark0ne is the one that makes the rules. There have been plenty of mods that were made by LL members here over the years. That was not the issue. There has never been a question of their talents or capabilities. Members here have always been able to be members of any community or site they chose. No one here was limiting a choice of where people could go on the internet. But linking it here was not allowed as every time you clicked a link-even if it was a perfectly nice, SFW mod got you a dozen banner or popup ads of extremely adult content. To have a rule like that in no way infringes on your rights to go where you wish and it is simply irrational to think so. That is like me telling you to take off your shoes when you come in my house and then when you leave you can put them back on. That isn't preventing you from wearing your shoes elsewhere. That is a homeowner not wanting all the mud on your shoes all over their floor.

The rules was it could not be linked here and the final holdout issue was the age gate. This is a private website and Dark0ne is the site owner and his decisions are paramount after any laws of the country where the site is, and occasionally other countries where this place does business. Having links to a site that had adult pop up ads and no age gate was not permitted and still is not. LL got an age gate and the ban was lifted. They were not the only site that was not allowed to be linked. There are others and always have been. I am sure there will be some in the future.

To compare a gaming website to radical religions is not only untrue but also a insult to people that have experienced issues from this. This is a gaming site, not a soap box for freedom of speech. This is a privately owned site from the UK. There is no freedom of speech, there is no Bill of Rights. Even if it were so, this is still a gaming site. This would be the lowest thing on my list of important things.

Control has little to do with this. If you have adult content there has to be some addressing of adult age. Perhaps the members here have strong opinions on this site but they don't make the rules here.

So now that the site is allowed to be linked to it is currently a resolved item. Continuing to bicker and compare a gaming site to dealing with religious extremist is insulting and a supreme waste of time.

@UNOwenWasHer

Are you defending aeonthraen's extremist religions comparison? Were they, along with their other points, not inane? Are you attacking my post for suggesting that aeonthraen take some of their own advice? Which one of aeonthraen's points did I prove taken that most of the post was directed at one person? What point are you trying to make?

The instant they compared a website block to extremist religions invalidated everything they had to say.