Ozmo's Hi Res Skin Textures: A step by step guide!

Talonvore

Hello all!! I jsut wanted to take a few minutes to write a Step by Step guide for all the people like me out there that were pulling their hair out as to how to install this excellent mod. I know i wasnt the only noob that couldnt figure this out because i saw countless posts with people asking for help on this mod.

The Mod creator, Ozmo, is japanese and even informed us that "sorry his english was very basic". He did his best to provide installation instructions and a diagram to help. Now maybe for veteran mod installers it was pretty self explanatory but for me it wasnt, hampered by the translation issue and the fact that i did not want to screw up the game even though i made a copy of the entire Oblivion folder before i started lol.

Now before i begin i jsut want to say that I am very new to the whole oblivion mod scene but in the last week and a half i've learned quite a bit through trial and error, as well as quite a bit of time reading about mods and mod tools like OBMM, OBSE, and BOSS. I havent worked up the nerve to even look at Wyre Bash yet maybe one day lol.

I, by no means, claim to be an expert so the words i use or the procedures i lay out may not be the best, most efficient way to some. It is however the way i was able to get this mod to work for me. I HIGHLY recommend that you at a minimum use OBBM for the installation of this mod. Yes the mod comes with its own installer but trust me if you use OBMM it is much easier to make changes to the options as well as to remove/uninstall the mod if for some reason you need to to so. Aslo i would use 7zip for the opening of these files.

Step 1: Download Ozmo's Hi Res Skin Textures at http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=20022

a: You need to download the main file in two parts named 4096x4096_Default_package_v1_2_part1 and 4096x4096_Default_package_v1_2_part2. Then download the Face Texture for High Rez Skin Textures v1_2 as well as any of the custom race mod packages. TIP: I would download all these files into a new folder on your desktop named Ozmo's Hi Res Textures.

Step 2: Once you have the 2 default package files in your new folder you need to right click on the first one and rename them like this:

4096x4096_Default_package_v1_2_part1-20022.rar renamed to 4096x4096_Default_package_v1_2.part1.rar

4096x4096_Default_package_v1_2_part2-20022.rar renamed to 4096x4096_Default_package_v1_2.part2.rar

Step 3: From your Ozmo's Hi Res Textures folder on your desk top select the renamed part one file above and select open and it will open both files into a window with only ONE i repeat ONE file named 4096x4096_Default_package_v1_2.7z. This happens because when you renamed the file names it linked them together so that it would unzip into one file by only having to open/unzip the first file. This file is double compressed so now you have to double click it and hit open again and another window will open with a file named 4096x4096_Default_package_v1_2 . Extract this file into a folder on your desktop named Ozmo's Fullpackage (that you have to create).

Step 4: Close all other windows and open up your Ozmo's Fullpackage folder. Click on the folder inside and it will open to show you 8 items listed as follows:

Folder Named: Config

Folder Named: SS

Folder Named: Textures

Jpg. Named: HowTo.jpg

Jpg. Named: Install Tool.jpg

.exe Named: InstallTool.exe

Readme_en.txt

Readme_jp.txt

This folder is where you will be doing most of your work now so just keep it open.

Step 5: This step will teach you how to get your race packs into the mod so that the atutoinstaller will do them as well. Go to your Ozmo's Hi Res Textures folder where you downloaded all the files for Ozmo, pick the racepack file that you want to add like 4096x4096_Ren_Mystic_Elf_package_v1_2 and open it till you see 3 items listed in the subfolder like this:

Folder named: SS

Jpg Named: HowTo.Jpg ( you can just ignore this , its just a repitition on the mod makers how to jpg in the main file)

Step 6: Click on the folder labled SS to open it. There should be some .jpg files in there. Highlight all the files .jpg files listed and extract them into your SS folder in your Ozmo's Fullpackage folder. What this does is add all the screen shots of the custom race into the installers SS (ScreenShot) folder.

Step 7: Close the SS folder now and and open the Textures folder and you should see folders inside like this:

Folder Named: Ren Mystic Elf

Folder Named: Ren Mystic Elf (Tattooed)

Select both folders and extract into your Textures subfolder in your Ozmo's Fullpackage folder. You can drag and drop the two folders into the Textures folder of your Ozmo's Fullpackage folder to copy them into there but i found extracting to be quite a bit faster. Additionaly as i said you can ignore the HowTo.jpg.

Step 8: Rinse and repeat steps 5-7 for any other additional race packs you wanted.

Step 9: We are now going to make the mod Omod ready. Right click your desktop and select New then select folder and create a Folder named Data. Make sure you have no other folder on your desktop with the same exact name, The folder you are going to use for Ozmo has to be named "DATA" so if you have another folder alredy named data rename it to Data2 or whatever you want. Once its made then open it up and create a subfolder named Textures inside of it.

Step 10: Find the InstallTool.exe in your Ozmo's Fullpackage folder and double click it to start it. FIRST thing you want to do is change the file path for the Install Folder to the folder named Data that you just created. Then check and make sure that all the races that you wanted textures for are listed. Now go ahead and select all the options that you wanted for build type, skin oil levels , etc etc. Make sure to check second page to get all the races. When you are done click apply. The installer will run and prepare all the files and put them into the data folder on your desktop.

Step 11: This is a long guide so im not going to explain how to use OBBM step by step you will have to learn that on your own if you dont know already there is a very good guide video here by Murulo:

This video taught me all i needed to know about the basics of how to install mods with OBMM. Chances are you prob already know how to use it. So anyway open up OBBM. Click Create, then hit add folder, and direct OBBM to your "Data" folder. Once the data is transferred over to OBMM you can check to make sure the data did indeed transfer over by toggling between the plugin and data files buttons to make sure information is loaded into OBBM. Next name the mod, for example your could name it "Ozmo's Hi-Res Skin Textures", and enter in mod author's name if you want. Lastly hit Create Mod. It will show up in the mod list as Ozmo's Hi-Res Skin Textures, now jsut double click to activate it.

Step 12: Now for the Face Pack. Open up the "Data" folder that you created on your desktop, open up Textures subfolder and delete everything in there so that the only thing you have inside the "Data" folder is the Textures subfolder inside. Folder has to be clean with no files inside of it.

Step 13: Go to your Ozmo's Hi Res Textures folder and click on Face_Texture_for_High_Rez_Skin_Textures_v1_2-20022.7z . It will open in a window with a folder labeled Face Textures for High Rez Skin Textures v1_2 . You can jsut drag and drop this folder onto your desktop. You will not need to copy or extract anything into this folder regardless of any custom race packs you may have downloaded. All the files for faces are already included.

Step 14: Open the folder and you will see an InstallTool.exe inside. Just double click on it to start it. AGAIN the FIRST thing you want to do is to change the file path to the "Data" folder on your desktop. Next select your options like you did earlier for the bodies. When your done hit Apply.

Step 15: Now just follow the same steps listed in step 11 above to prepare and install the mod with OBMM except this time name the mod "Ozmo's Face Pack" or whatever you feel like naming it.

Now your READY TO ROCK!!!

Thanks to Ozmo for making this AWESOME mod, Makes looking at the characters of Oblivion, especially the once ugly NPC's, a much more enjoyable aspect of the game. Also thanks to Lindy, as she is where i got the idea to direct the autoinstaller to an empty Data\Textures folder in order to use OBBM to actually install the mod.

Edited by Talonvore

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deleted your place holder for you.

I would recommend writing this up in the Wiki. Just putting it on a forum means it will drop off the front page in about 1 to 2 hours and keep dropping unless someone posts in it.

The wiki can always be referenced with a direct link. :thumbsup:

And, No, I will not make it a sticky - one, hardly anyone reads them, especially those that need to. And two, if I sticky every good tutorial, suggestion etc soon the first several pages of each topic will be all stickies. :confused:

That's why we have a Wiki to post things like this(used to be articles, but it was changed recently)

bben46 again thanks for the suggestion and i hope this wont be construed as going off topic but i've taken your advice and thanks to Striker879's link i have read the guidelines and format rules to posting a guide there. However my account name and password for the Nexus Forums that we are in now dont seem to work there and i see no where to sign up a new account so that i would be able to add a guide there. Any info on this would be appreciated.

All Nexus sites use the same user name and password. In fact, it is against the rules to have more than one account due to past abuses by people with multiple accounts. Can you be more specific - any messages when you try to log on there?

I had the same problem with being unable to login to the Wiki yesterday. I had to go back and forth several time, was temporarily "suspended" and had to wait. And all of the sudden login worked again. Actually had this problem already one time before. So there seems to be a pattern.

Edit: message was what you always get when your login is unknown. Don't know the exact wording any more.

Nope i tried again today jsut a few minutes ago and it says

"Login error

Incorrect password entereed. Please try again."

I always copy paste my passwords and I even logged out of forums to test my password and it works for the forums but doesnt work for the wiki :(.

Sooooo... theres no esp. file needed? I'm just confused to how it gets activated in OBMM without an esp. file. Do you have to add the textures to the old HGEC body folder???

Hello all!! I jsut wanted to take a few minutes to write a Step by Step guide for all the people like me out there that were pulling their hair out as to how to install this excellent mod. I know i wasnt the only noob that couldnt figure this out because i saw countless posts with people asking for help on this mod.

The Mod creator, Ozmo, is japanese and even informed us that "sorry his english was very basic". He did his best to provide installation instructions and a diagram to help. Now maybe for veteran mod installers it was pretty self explanatory but for me it wasnt, hampered by the translation issue and the fact that i did not want to screw up the game even though i made a copy of the entire Oblivion folder before i started lol.

Now before i begin i jsut want to say that I am very new to the whole oblivion mod scene but in the last week and a half i've learned quite a bit through trial and error, as well as quite a bit of time reading about mods and mod tools like OBMM, OBSE, and BOSS. I havent worked up the nerve to even look at Wyre Bash yet maybe one day lol.

I, by no means, claim to be an expert so the words i use or the procedures i lay out may not be the best, most efficient way to some. It is however the way i was able to get this mod to work for me. I HIGHLY recommend that you at a minimum use OBBM for the installation of this mod. Yes the mod comes with its own installer but trust me if you use OBMM it is much easier to make changes to the options as well as to remove/uninstall the mod if for some reason you need to to so. Aslo i would use 7zip for the opening of these files.

Step 1: Download Ozmo's Hi Res Skin Textures at http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=20022

a: You need to download the main file in two parts named 4096x4096_Default_package_v1_2_part1 and 4096x4096_Default_package_v1_2_part2. Then download the Face Texture for High Rez Skin Textures v1_2 as well as any of the custom race mod packages. TIP: I would download all these files into a new folder on your desktop named Ozmo's Hi Res Textures.

Step 2: Once you have the 2 default package files in your new folder you need to right click on the first one and rename them like this:

4096x4096_Default_package_v1_2_part1-20022.rar renamed to 4096x4096_Default_package_v1_2.part1.rar

4096x4096_Default_package_v1_2_part2-20022.rar renamed to 4096x4096_Default_package_v1_2.part2.rar

Step 3: From your Ozmo's Hi Res Textures folder on your desk top select the renamed part one file above and select open and it will open both files into a window with only ONE i repeat ONE file named 4096x4096_Default_package_v1_2.7z. This happens because when you renamed the file names it linked them together so that it would unzip into one file by only having to open/unzip the first file. This file is double compressed so now you have to double click it and hit open again and another window will open with a file named 4096x4096_Default_package_v1_2 . Extract this file into a folder on your desktop named Ozmo's Fullpackage (that you have to create).

Step 4: Close all other windows and open up your Ozmo's Fullpackage folder. Click on the folder inside and it will open to show you 8 items listed as follows:

Folder Named: Config

Folder Named: SS

Jpg. Named: HowTo.jpg

Jpg. Named: Install Tool.jpg

.exe Named: InstallTool.exe

Readme_en.txt

Readme_jp.txt

This folder is where you will be doing most of your work now so just keep it open.

Step 5: This step will teach you how to get your race packs into the mod so that the atutoinstaller will do them as well. Go to your Ozmo's Hi Res Textures folder where you downloaded all the files for Ozmo, pick the racepack file that you want to add like 4096x4096_Ren_Mystic_Elf_package_v1_2 and open it till you see 3 items listed in the subfolder like this:

Folder named: SS

Jpg Named: HowTo.Jpg ( you can just ignore this , its just a repitition on the mod makers how to jpg in the main file)

Step 6: Click on the folder labled SS to open it. There should be some .jpg files in there. Highlight all the files .jpg files listed and extract them into your SS folder in your Ozmo's Fullpackage folder. What this does is add all the screen shots of the custom race into the installers SS (ScreenShot) folder.

Step 7: Close the SS folder now and and open the Textures folder and you should see folders inside like this:

Folder Named: Ren Mystic Elf

Folder Named: Ren Mystic Elf (Tattooed)

Select both folders and extract into your Textures subfolder in your Ozmo's Fullpackage folder. You can drag and drop the two folders into the Textures folder of your Ozmo's Fullpackage folder to copy them into there but i found extracting to be quite a bit faster. Additionaly as i said you can ignore the HowTo.jpg.

Step 8: Rinse and repeat steps 5-7 for any other additional race packs you wanted.

Step 9: We are now going to make the mod Omod ready. Right click your desktop and select New then select folder and create a Folder named Data. Make sure you have no other folder on your desktop with the same exact name, The folder you are going to use for Ozmo has to be named "DATA" so if you have another folder alredy named data rename it to Data2 or whatever you want. Once its made then open it up and create a subfolder named Textures inside of it.

Step 10: Find the InstallTool.exe in your Ozmo's Fullpackage folder and double click it to start it. FIRST thing you want to do is change the file path for the Install Folder to the folder named Data that you just created. Then check and make sure that all the races that you wanted textures for are listed. Now go ahead and select all the options that you wanted for build type, skin oil levels , etc etc. Make sure to check second page to get all the races. When you are done click apply. The installer will run and prepare all the files and put them into the data folder on your desktop.

Step 11: This is a long guide so im not going to explain how to use OBBM step by step you will have to learn that on your own if you dont know already there is a very good guide video here by Murulo:

This video taught me all i needed to know about the basics of how to install mods with OBMM. Chances are you prob already know how to use it. So anyway open up OBBM. Click Create, then hit add folder, and direct OBBM to your "Data" folder. Once the data is transferred over to OBMM you can check to make sure it deed indeed by toggling between the plugin and data files buttons to make sure information is loaded into OBBM. Next name the mod (Ozmo's Hi-Res Skin Textures) and enter in mod author's name if you want. Lastly hit Create Mod. It will show up in the mod list and now jsut double click to activate it.

Step 12: Now for the Face Pack. Open up the "Data" folder that you created on your desktop, open up Textures subfolder and delete everything in there so that the only thing you have inside the "Data" folder is the Textures subfolder inside. Folder has to be clean with no files inside of it.

Step 13: Go to your Ozmo's Hi Res Textures folder and click on Face_Texture_for_High_Rez_Skin_Textures_v1_2-20022.7z . It will open in a window with a folder labeled Face Textures for High Rez Skin Textures v1_2 . You can jsut drag and drop this folder onto your desktop. You will not need to copy or extract anything into this folder regardless of any custom race packs you may have downloaded. All the files for faces are already included.

Step 14: Open the folder and you will see an InstallTool.exe inside. Just double click on it to start it. AGAIN the FIRST thing you want to do is to change the file path to the "Data" folder on your desktop. Next select your options like you did earlier for the bodies. When your done hit Apply.

Step 15: Now just follow the same steps listed in step 11 above to prepare and install the mod with OBMM an name the mod Ozmo's Face Pack or whatever you feel like naming it.

Now your READY TO ROCK!!!

Thanks to Ozmo for making this AWESOME mod, Makes looking at the characters of Oblivion, especially the once ugly NPC's, a much more enjoyable aspect of the game. Also thanks to Lindy, as she is where i got the idea to direct the autoinstaller to an empty Data\Textures folder in order to use OBBM to actually install the mod.

Hi!

May I be the first to say thank you for all the trouble you have gone to in giving us noobs this support? I've had fantastic and ungrudging support from other Oblivionites on this site but this sort of guide is superb. I keep frowning at my character and asking myself, are those high-res textures really installed? Now I will know for sure.

A big thank you! :thumbsup:

Clive