Console errors

midaviru

i added the console and the mod that lets you see what you're typing. the runscript command only worked for me once and after that nothing. i kept getting error meesages like ERROR: Cannot execute function "runscript...". i checked the commands twice and i saw what i was typing. what is wrong here??????

Welcome, midaviru!

Sorry you're having a problem. If the console is returning an error message, that means you did get it to start correctly, and that it recognized you're trying to enter a command. That's good. But without seeing exactly what you're typing, it's impossible to say what might be causing the error.

Can you provide an example?

Thanks,

well at first i tried increasing alistairs approval rating and i typed in runscript zz_addapproval 1 100. then i immediately tried decreasing it and it stopped working. now i can't use any commands at all. it's hard to figure out what's causing it. i can't find any real information concerning this anywhere else. Edited by midaviru

• 1 year later...

Had the same issue. This was either a conflict between mods, or something the game messed up when it "looked" in my override folder. I fixed it by moving all the overrides (i.e. cutting everything out of the override directory) to another folder, running the game (testing whether the console worked, and it did this time), and putting everything back one/two at a time. I thought it was a direct conflict between mods, hence the "one/two at a time" part, but in the end, everything was back in the folder...and the console commands worked... My mods are also still working. Hope this helps.

• 1 year later...

Had the same issue. This was either a conflict between mods, or something the game messed up when it "looked" in my override folder. I fixed it by moving all the overrides (i.e. cutting everything out of the override directory) to another folder, running the game (testing whether the console worked, and it did this time), and putting everything back one/two at a time. I thought it was a direct conflict between mods, hence the "one/two at a time" part, but in the end, everything was back in the folder...and the console commands worked... My mods are also still working. Hope this helps.

I'm not sure I understand where you're saying to do to fix this issue. I'm not all that good with modding and such I used the NMM to do all my mod installations I run boss every once and awhile for Skyrim and Oblivion and now I'm having this issue idk when it started I just want to make my chars immortal so I can finish the damn game for once.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey there, I know this is terribly late but just want to put it out there for those running into the same problem, like I did:

Make sure to check if there isn't a ` in front of runscript, pressing backspace once or twice after you enter console helps.

Edited by HerrRudi