Fix for Skyrim crashing instantly with enb on Windows 10

williamlee

The original solution fixed the problem for me. Thank you so much for figuring this out!

However, I did make this check first:

"Go to C:\Windows\system32 and if you do not have d3d9_43.dll with the rest of the d3dx_xx.dlls, install the linked June 2010 redist."

In my case, that file was already there. I installed the distribution anyway, and it still helped.

There must be other missing files involved.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you so much. Even flashed my bios with new update and problem actually got worse. Once I applied your fix by downloading DX9 problem has vanished. I recently found a new article by Microsoft that says to do exactly what your solution was. Thanks again. No longer crashing and spending hours trying to find the solution. The first 5 hours of my new (156 mods) play through crashed 8 times. Since applying your fix I have played for 24 hours with no crash.

I am still unable to use an enb preset on my current machine. I've followed many instructions carefully and watched instructional videos on my enb of choice. At first I was using realvision autoinstaller for NMM and everything installed and configured, as far as I can tell, properly. I played for a while and I realized there was no graphical changes. Currently I've attempted enbs with newest binaries .279. I've spent a lot of time trying to get the enb to work. So the wrapper version (d3d9.dll) CTDs before Bethesda logo. Injector version loads fine, but I don't see enb message on main menu and the enb is still not active. My machine is laptop i74-710mq 2.5 g 8 core. 8 gigs ram, 4 gig GTX 860 m, Wndows 8.1.

I feel like I have tried many solutions, INI- wise and compatibility options, run as admin, etc. I have posted here as a last resort to figure out why I can't get this rather simple process working right. There is something else I don't know about at issue, but I don't know what else to try to get it to work.

I'm currently attempting to run with Grim and Somber, and there are very clear instructions that have not worked for me. I know there are a lot of variables and everybody has different requirements, it is just there is nothing obvious that is wrong with my install and config.

I am still unable to use an enb preset on my current machine. I've followed many instructions carefully and watched instructional videos on my enb of choice. At first I was using realvision autoinstaller for NMM and everything installed and configured, as far as I can tell, properly. I played for a while and I realized there was no graphical changes. Currently I've attempted enbs with newest binaries .279. I've spent a lot of time trying to get the enb to work. So the wrapper version (d3d9.dll) CTDs before Bethesda logo. Injector version loads fine, but I don't see enb message on main menu and the enb is still not active. My machine is laptop i74-710mq 2.5 g 8 core. 8 gigs ram, 4 gig GTX 860 m, Wndows 8.1.

I feel like I have tried many solutions, INI- wise and compatibility options, run as admin, etc. I have posted here as a last resort to figure out why I can't get this rather simple process working right. There is something else I don't know about at issue, but I don't know what else to try to get it to work.

I'm currently attempting to run with Grim and Somber, and there are very clear instructions that have not worked for me. I know there are a lot of variables and everybody has different requirements, it is just there is nothing obvious that is wrong with my install and config.

For the injector version to work, you have to start the injector program separately, if I recall correctly, otherwise it won't have an effect in your game. As for the wrapper version, have you disabled all of your overlay programs, e.g. Steam overlay and things like MSI Afterburner, those will crash your game with the wrapper version of the enb.

You might wan't to make sure that settings in your enblocal.ini are correct for you system too, if you haven't already.

Hope this helps :)

Be sure ENBHost.exe has sufficient rights (run as admin) and is not UAC blocked, AntiVirus/Malware blocked. UAC can also block dlls, check properties for enbseries.dll/d3d9.dll if it is blocked, if so there will be a button to unblock. Likewise for SKSE exe and dll.

hey there

just updated to Windows 10 and also having the "CreateDXGIFactory2" issue.
But here it sais it's missing in System32/d3d11.dll

So it seems like it's missing in direct X 11, not 9.

I already tried the direct9 Version from June 2010, didn't helped at all.
It runs, when i disable or delete dxgi.dll and dxgi.fx, but then the graphics are totally wasted, I can't see anything.

I'm using the realvision ENB and a hell of a lot of Mods ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ie95-ymhpU )
It worked all fine in Windows 8, so it's definetely because of the Windows 10 Update.

anyone any idea on how to fix this? i really want to continue my Let's Play with the same graphics than before..

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=35

that might not work for you, since MS is getting all kinds of protective of their code.

unfortunateley. it says a newer version is already installed. When i try to reinstall directX11, i become an error with a sgnification, which is not correct for that machine (guess it means Win10)