Stair Climbing/Descending Fix

KeanuHG

***SKYRIM MOD REQUEST***

This may or may not be a strange request, but I'd like someone to fix the player's walking/running speed on staircases. When you're running or walking down or up some stairs, you maintain the exact same speed you were moving on flat ground, whereas NPCs go slightly slower, realistically. Perhaps one could change the way the player walks on them completely, by making them take a step on each stair when walking and making them skip stairs while landing on individual steps when running or sprinting? I personally think this would be a really cool mod, and would make mostly people who enjoy RP quite satisfied.

Edited by KeanuHG

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm having this problem as well. I can not walk up an incline with out it taking a long time. I can run up the same incline or stairs but can walk up them. Also on the roads if it is a little bit uneven I can't walk over it but I can run over it. For example at the wizards school when you must go to the ruins with they other students that incline between the buildings and the two cliffs the path totally stops me from walking I can however run up the path with no trouble. The walking is more enjoyable to me as it is more immersive. I reason if that were me I would not be running everywhere, especially in caves and such. I had the FNIS mod and the unofficial patch but they didn't help. I tried the increase speed cheat but it didn't help. It seams to me that the game is reading that stairs are extreme inclines and speed and animation are to be um...acted as such. You no that effect that you get when trying to walk up a mountain and you really aren't suppose to but you try it anyway but you get up there eventually? It's that same effect. Anyway it's quite game breaking for me. I don't want to run everywhere. I want to take my time any enjoy it.