Should I up-grade to windows 10?

grandpauj1

I had been running Xp on my computer for ever. Not too long ago I broke down and bought a copy of Window's 8, at about the same time my "Taking care of business" computer took a S#!+. I just downloaded the free windows 10 for my non gaming computer but not sure if I should do it on my game one. Had enough trouble getting some of my older games (Fallout 3 for one) to play on 8!

So I guess the question is, should I up-date my game puter to 10? or leave it with 8?

has anyone has done this yet, would like to know if it is just going to create problems.

Thanks in advance for any help

i had this dilemma too, but then i was like hell, why not. i dowloaded and set it to keep all my files and apps (i have all my games outside of the windows program files but all apps in this folder will be copied over to w10 also :D ). i ran a test on skyrim and fallout 3 and they both work perfectly fine. i did not need to redownload an reinstall nmm or my 40 mods either and they fine on windows 10. all of the programs i had on windows 7 work fine on windows 10 (i did not have to reinstall them either)

i also have an laptop that ran windows 8.1 and i upgraded that aswell with no trouble ( i checked fallout and skyrim on that one aswell, no problems. so my conclusion is that you should definetly give W10 a try. and if you dont like it for any apparent reason its very easy to change back (just a few clicks and you are back).

regards from a seasoned nmm mod user :)

Edited by Hyangosaurus

Thanks for the responses, I don't seem to be having any issue's (Other then getting used to a new OS) with 10 but think I will follow the advice of DiOnysys and wait for a bit. Hell just got used to using 8.1, now doing it with 10. My opinion.... didn't see any thing wrong with XP. (o: Thanks again

I tested Win10 and in my mind it workes pretty well. Doesn't have any problems with it (perhaps with FO3 but didn't tested it yet).

In my mind:
Windows XP is way too outdated, but nothing wrong with it. Further to it won't get supported anymore.
And it has many securtity leaks (like every windows^^).

Personally, I like Win7 at most, because I like a simple Desktop.

Win 8.1. works. but there are so much background activities, I really don't like, and you have to deactivate so damn much, that microsoft don't spy on your computer (easy target for spyware).

Win10 It should be nice and easy to conect it with other devices (didn't tested that). The Interface is handy. Sometimes the Windows-Menus is laging. Further to is come with the same spy option for microsoft like win8.1.

All in all I would upgrade form XP to Win10, but If you have Win7 I would stay with that.

But If you want to upgrade I wouldn't wait, otherwise you have to pay.

@ Biervampir, I am going from 8.1 to 10 (If I do it) But good point about waiting then having to buy it. Not too worried about that , If I wait too long, I just won't do it.

Adrios1 and Billy, That's the kind of info I'm Looking for. Really giving it some thought because don't have a lot of time to mess with getting it working right (self employed) again. But so far sounds like it should work fine. Thanks again for the reply's.