Friend of Geckos: Trying to find Mods for a Let's Play

LunisSpellweaver

Hey, guys. Back with a little mod request.

I'm looking for mods that would fit a playthrough in which my character has a powerful, unexplained affinity to the Geckos of the Mojave Wastes. Because of that, he feels a Gecko's pain when it's injured, and sickens him when he is forced to kill one of the buggers. It's a dynamic I hope to express both in the roleplay and the gameplay of the Let's Play.

Feel free to give a list, and maybe get me in contact with a mod author to get a mod for the playthrough made, since the modding language is rather foreign to me.

Feel free to give a list,

I don't think there is a mod for gecko affinity (as your describing it), much less a list.

Probably some good gecko follower mods though. I think I made a simple one with a Gila Gecko a long time ago, pic;

http://static-6.nexusmods.com/15/mods/130/images/41297-1-1302261808.jpg

and maybe get me in contact with a mod author to get a mod for the playthrough made, since the modding language is rather foreign to me.

Well this is the request forum, so it's the place to get in contact with a mod author. I think the more detailed you are in describing the request the better your chances that someone may help out.

Feel free to give a list,

I don't think there is a mod for gecko affinity (as your describing it), much less a list.

Probably some good gecko follower mods though. I think I made a simple one with a Gila Gecko a long time ago, pic;

http://static-6.nexusmods.com/15/mods/130/images/41297-1-1302261808.jpg

and maybe get me in contact with a mod author to get a mod for the playthrough made, since the modding language is rather foreign to me.

Well this is the request forum, so it's the place to get in contact with a mod author. I think the more detailed you are in describing the request the better your chances that someone may help out.

I found Torch, so the Gecko Companion has already been handled.

The vanilla Animal friend perk makes all but fire gecko's friendly with you... XD

There is a bug fix mod I believe that adds fire Gecko's to that list as well ^^

I was hoping for only geckos, but I guess that'll be as close as I'll get...

I think it should be easy to make a faction that contains only all known types of geckos and the player, if you're not afraid of the GECK. IIRC, essentially that's how Animal Friend works. It just adds you to the faction the animals are in. Well, or at least that's how it worked in FO3, anyway, I haven't looked at how NV does it.

Here, catch. Makes all Geckos automatically allies of your character and your followers. Includes the HH green geckos, so you need HH as a master.

Note that once allied, they'll remain allies for ever, even if you uninstall the mod. So keep an earlier save around, if you decide you hate geckos at some point.

Not that there's a disadvantage to staying allies for ever, though. You don't get penalized if you start shooting them, AFAIK.

Edit: Note that this only includes "true" followers, not just people temporarily following you around. So for example, I'm pretty sure geckos would still attack Willow before you find her rifle.

Edited by Moraelin