More Energy Weapon Perks

AWOLsamurai

Hello All, I would Like to Request a Mod that Adds More energy weapon Perks. I'm Not very Happy with the only perks being Plasma Spaz, Laser Commander, and Meltdown. I Honestly would Just Like more variety In energy weapon perks, Like "Degradation is slower" "Reload is faster" "Accuracy is increased" stuff like that you Know? I feel That Energy weapon perks are just so Few and Far Between. Eh, Maybe an Equivalent to Plasma spaz for Lasers. It's Just ideas. Thank you for your time

Perks For Modded Weapons also gets you stuff like Laser Surgeon or Scruffy Nerf Herder, plus extends the effects of a couple of existing perks. It's also pretty handy for modded weapons that don't add themselves to the proper lists, since it makes some perks not depend on any lists any more.

@Moraelin-this has nothing to do with energy weapons, but I have been using your referenced mod for a long time so I am going to seize this moment for a request. There are many custom shotgun mods where the mod maker has not bothered to add the mod to the shotgun surgeon list. I wonder if your mod could be expanded to allow all shotguns to benefit from the shotgun surgeon perk.

Hmm... the idea definitely has merit, but I'm not sure how I'd detect if a weapon is a shotgun. From a game point of view, there isn't a whole lot of difference between a shotgun and a rifle, or between a sawn off shotgun and a pistol. And then there's stuff like revolvers that use shotgun shells, automatic shotguns, etc. The only difference is that by default they're set to fire more than one projectile at a time, and I'm not sure one can test that in a perk.

Hmm... I'll definitely have to look into it, though. As I was saying, the idea does have a lot of merit.

Hmm... the idea definitely has merit, but I'm not sure how I'd detect if a weapon is a shotgun. From a game point of view, there isn't a whole lot of difference between a shotgun and a rifle, or between a sawn off shotgun and a pistol. And then there's stuff like revolvers that use shotgun shells, automatic shotguns, etc. The only difference is that by default they're set to fire more than one projectile at a time, and I'm not sure one can test that in a perk.

Hmm... I'll definitely have to look into it, though. As I was saying, the idea does have a lot of merit.

Glad to hear you are willing to look at it. I think there is no separate category for "shotguns". Some are "two handed rifles" and the sawn off is probably a "pistol". It seems like the perk if added to your mod would have to be based on the use of shotgun ammo. There is a particular shotgun I would like to use for my current "cowboy" build. The author did not add it to the shotgun surgeon list and has disappeared. Obviously, I "could" open the mod in the Geck and do the "drag and drop" thing. I have done this with some custom weapons and to add certain weapons to other lists like holdout and improved holdout, and then make a merged patch to resolve any conflicts created by that crude method.

Apologies for the hijack. I am sure the OP could care less about my "shotgun" issues.

Hmm, well, then it would be limited to 12 gauge and 20 gauge. If anyone does something like add .410 gauge ammo, or, hell, the Vladimir's canister ammo, the perk wouldn't know it's shotgun ammo.

Still, if it works, it would be better than nothing. Thanks for the idea.

As for the DIY way, I would probably use a script rather than merge lists. It's the most compatible way. You can find a quest and script that does exactly that kind of adding to lists in all my energy weapons, to use as a template. Probably easiest to use the one in the magic wand or the "Ultra" SMG, since it has only one weapon, and you can search and replace its ID with yours. Just an idea.

Ah. The Ultra SMG mod is another one of yours I have been using forever. I never have to buy "Sleepytyme". I did not think of it as having a script. I will check it out-I have been looking for a simple template to add a given weapon to one of the lists. Speaking of Ultra-I was looking for its script in the GECK and found nothing, so I decided to look at the mod-and BEHOLD-a new version with a script!