Oblivion Daedric Statues Into Skyrim

Halios

Hello, community!
I've been trying to create a mod that allows for Daedra worship in the same vein as the worship of the nine (or eight) divines by importing the daedric statues present in Oblivion into Skyrim for use as shrines. I can figure out the activators and blessings on my own, but I'm having trouble importing the actual meshes into the game. I unpacked the Meshes and Textures BSAs of Oblivion and copied the folders into the appropriate Skyrim folders so they can be accessed by the Creation Kit, but when trying to use the meshes in the CK, I am greeted with the ever-hated exclamation point replacement for no-mesh. All the meshes are directly moved from the Oblivion data folders to the correct Skyrim data folders, and they're all in *.nif format, but for some reason I can't use them in the CK. Is there a step I need to take before moving the meshes into Skyrim's data folder? Do they need to be a different format? I just don't understand what I'm doing wrong.
I do have nifskope if that is required to solve this problem.

I do not think you are allowed by the EULA to use Oblivion assets in a mod for Skyrim. You'll have to create your own meshes and textures. Such a mod would be technically illegal and you won't be able to upload it here. Similarly, I think any assistance given to you by members might be severely frowned upon, but I'm sure a moderator can confirm or deny that.

I do not think you are allowed by the EULA to use Oblivion assets in a mod for Skyrim. You'll have to create your own meshes and textures. Such a mod would be technically illegal and you won't be able to upload it here. Similarly, I think any assistance given to you by members might be severely frowned upon, but I'm sure a moderator can confirm or deny that.

I was not even slightly aware of this...that's rather unfortunate actually...

I was not even slightly aware of this...that's rather unfortunate actually...

Yes. You can do whatever you like purely for your own use in the privacy of your own home on your own PC. But Nexus will not host it and will ban you if you uploaded it, just as if you had stolen someone else's mod, or admitted or advocated piracy or cracking. Large scale mods like Morrowrim or Skywind or whatever it's called make their own meshes and textures from scratch, and completely re-voice everything. Sadly, when I have looked into it, the software for making meshes that the best mod-makers use is ludicrously expensive. Like, over a thousand rather than hundreds. I could splash out to fifty.

All reputable mod sites will have the same policy. There are some mods which add non-functioning Oblivion Gates as a relic, and the authors would have likewise made their own meshes and textures. You could try asking them how it's done.

Also, there are some Daedric statues in Skyrim already. You could use the existing meshes and textures, rename them and change them to add smaller statues in various places. This guy has made a simple mod for them:

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/26077/?

So you could rename the originals in the game and make them smaller or something and add them to various places.