• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

xporc

xporc

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,463 posts
Sounds amazing, definitively a great step in the right direction. Now I'll feel more compelled to read the main pages!

Thandal

Thandal

Faithful Kobold Companion

• Moderators
  • 23,176 posts

Maybe you can fix it up so that even if banned from the forums, you can still check private messages, and the like. As it is now, I have 13 unchecked messages due to not being able to use the forums, I know it's my own fault, but the ban is on the forums, not my message box as far as I understand it.

@Crossfire; Not sure what might be going on. If you can post here, (and you obviously can) then you aren't banned from the forums. I just sent you a PM to test, and did not get the "Member cannot receive meessages" notice which would have happend if you were blocked at this end.

There's something else at work here... :confused:

Can you check your Memebr Profile just to see if it got accidently set to "Disable PM"?

FoxZero

FoxZero

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
Wow. With these new features you'll be miles ahead of other mod sites, yes even ModDB.

Yes the fluid site design has to go. Personally I have a minimum and maximum width for my website. I'd recommend going that route as there are advantages of fluid width sites.

crossfirex

crossfirex

Old hand

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts
No, let me be more specific, a moderator banned my IP from the forums, which for me is connected to the messaging system. I get the error "[#2000] You are not allowed to visit this forum."

It comes from 2 strikes I have due to the release of passworded files, which at the time, I didn't know it was against the rules (I have read the rules thoroughly now though).

-More specific on this subject, it is when I press the "FORUMS" button at the top that I get this error, and anytime I try to enter the forums, including my message box, I get this error.

Edited by crossfirex, 09 March 2011 - 04:32 PM.

Thandal

Thandal

Faithful Kobold Companion

• Moderators
  • 23,176 posts

No, let me be more specific, a moderator banned my IP from the forums, which for me is connected to the messaging system. I get the error "[#2000] You are not allowed to visit this forum."

It comes from 2 strikes I have due to the release of passworded files, which at the time, I didn't know it was against the rules (I have read the rules thoroughly now though).

-More specific on this subject, it is when I press the "FORUMS" button at the top that I get this error, and anytime I try to enter the forums, including my message box, I get this error.

Right then. That clarifies things, and makes them a little more complicated at the same time.

I'll send a message to the Admins to examine this situation. :unsure:

crossfirex

crossfirex

Old hand

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 515 posts
Oh, thanks :D would be cool.

buddah

buddah

Official Old Fart

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,249 posts
Try accessing the sites now and let me know what happens.

Buddah

Gradashy

Gradashy

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 965 posts
Nice!!!

I'm waiting anxiously!

LHammonds

LHammonds

Ghost in da Machine

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,337 posts

With these new features you'll be miles ahead of other mod sites, yes even ModDB.

hehehe, with the site as-is, I don't know of any other modding site that provides 1/2 as much as the Nexus CMS (content management system). I'm a member of quite a few of them, including ModDB, and some sites that are in closed beta but there simply isn't anything that even comes close as it is right now. With the items on the chalkboard on the horizon, that gap will only widen and set the bar that much higher for other sites to try and achieve.

For what Dark0ne has already achieved, it is nothing short of extraordinary and for one who claims he is a jack of all trades and a master of none, I beg to differ. The ability to manage and maintain a site even in the face of overwhelming popularity is something to be proud of. Many companies (and sites) fail because of their success an inability to adapt and grow. The goal to create a site that a community could fully utilize in order to facilitate in modding and to stand the test of time was achieved from my point of view.

** Hands Dark0ne the following merit badges: **

• Merit of Endurance - Without such a longstanding home for modders, the community could not be as strong as it is today.
  • Merit of Invention - For the creation of the Nexus sites and being seamlessly infused with the forums.
  • Merit of Ethics - The high standard in what is right and wrong has earned the loyalty from much of the community especially when the decisions are not easy.
  • Merit of Scholarship - For continual education not only in your fields of interest such as this family of sites but in college where few make it to the end...only to realize it is a life-long endeavor to learn that which is unknown to us.
  • Merit of Theater - For handling all the drama that happens around here. ;-)
  • Merit of Excellence - For creating the best darn modding site on the face of the planet that others look towards as an example of success.

LHammonds

Pushkatu

Pushkatu

Outlander

• Premium Member
  • 21,527 posts
You forgot one LHammonds:

• Merit of being a human being and still do all these things(I hope I typed this right, i'm still not sure if it's "being" or "beeing") - Sometimes I have the feeling that there's a robot doing all the work, only to find a topic later where he talks about his cool holiday in USA. Robots don't do that right? :ermm::whistling:

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.979 seconds