• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

Tchos

Tchos

Cacoethes scribendi

• Premium Member
  • 2,385 posts

it's more than I'm aware that everyone resents change

Nice Wayne's World reference, but it's a false charge, and one that's most often used flippantly to dismiss any reasoned argument.

My only concern is for the file database, and not any other section of the sites. Databases are for utility, not for looks. When I do a file search on my computer or a web search on Google, I don't want the results popping up in a constricted, non-resizable window, instead of using the full height and width available. Same here. Content is king.

So even if the change is for you, and not us, all I want is for the file database to be nicely readable and expand to fill all the space available, for our file browsing pleasure.

Dark0ne

Dark0ne

Webmaster

• Admin
  • 21,418 posts

Nice Wayne's World reference, but it's a false charge, and one that's most often used flippantly to dismiss any reasoned argument.

You caught me! :facepalm:

So even if the change is for you, and not us, all I want is for the file database to be nicely readable and expand to fill all the space available, for our file browsing pleasure.

I can confirm it won't expand to take up the entire width of people's screens.

2cooldays

2cooldays

//Wednesday Child//

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 842 posts
Skyrim and a new nexus... I think I'm smiling so hard Ima break my face.

ZuluFoxtrot

ZuluFoxtrot

Old hand

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 508 posts
Will there be an option to stick to this layout or something? I checked your pictures and I don't really like it.

Dark0ne

Dark0ne

Webmaster

• Admin
  • 21,418 posts
No. This new design will be the only design.

wizardmirth

wizardmirth

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts
I did not read all the replies here but in case this was not already commented enough on: grouping mod comments based on seperate tabs, like one for reporting bugs is an excellent idea. Or that only the mod author can chose to share them, even better.

I would also like to see a feature for previewing mod descriptions before they are made active. I only say this because of the BB code which I am still getting used to, because I usually need to keep approving changes in order to see them. I'm also a bit of a perfectionist so I may go back and tweak things like 10 times. As a result my mod gets updated in the changes log a number of times when only one is really necessary.

I would like... yes, we would all like a lot of things. Just my feedback and thanks for such a great site already.

LHammonds

LHammonds

Ghost in da Machine

• Supporter
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,337 posts

I would also like to see a feature for previewing mod descriptions before they are made active. I only say this because of the BB code which I am still getting used to, because I usually need to keep approving changes in order to see them. I'm also a bit of a perfectionist so I may go back and tweak things like 10 times. As a result my mod gets updated in the changes log a number of times when only one is really necessary.

I'd like that too but until we do, I use the forums by replying to a thread (which I never hit the "submit" button) and use the preview to perfect my BBCode as much as possible before using it in the mod description. Well, that's how I used to do it. Now I have a standard "template" I use and simply change the data for each mod. I basically use the template for the mod page here as well as the RELz thread at Bethsoft forums and then strip out the COLOR codes for use as Planet Elder Scrolls descriptions and other forums that do not support the color codes.

One thing to note however is that the forums are not particular if you have double-quotes around your BBCode values or not such as URL="www.whatever.com" or URL=www.whatever.com but the Nexus BBcode will break if you use the double-quotes to surround your values.

LHammonds

wizardmirth

wizardmirth

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 808 posts

I'd like that too but until we do, I use the forums by replying to a thread (which I never hit the "submit" button) and use the preview to perfect my BBCode as much as possible before using it in the mod description. Well, that's how I used to do it. Now I have a standard "template" I use and simply change the data for each mod. I basically use the template for the mod page here as well as the RELz thread at Bethsoft forums and then strip out the COLOR codes for use as Planet Elder Scrolls descriptions and other forums that do not support the color codes.

One thing to note however is that the forums are not particular if you have double-quotes around your BBCode values or not such as URL="www.whatever.com" or URL=www.whatever.com but the Nexus BBcode will break if you use the double-quotes to surround your values.

LHammonds

Totally forgot about that!

An

excellent

idea.

I will try that next time, thanks.

:thumbsup:

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.026 seconds