How to create object references!?

Clameron1

Helllloo thereee... I am making a mod that requires me to have an NPC sit on a chair at a desk (much like Azzan in Anvil's fighters guild company offices) but I cannot figure out how to make the chair a reference so that I can target the package directly to it when I do the 'Use Item' package type... I have checked Azzan's package and the chair indeed is a reference, but I cannot work this out! I've been here for six hours and I would reeeally like some support... thanks!

Edited by Clameron1

You need to double-click on the chair and tick the 'Persistent Reference' box at the bottom. Same goes for beds, too, if you want the NPC to sleep in a specific bed. And the package could be 'use item at', but the chair must be the location (location tab -> specific reference) with a distance of 0, I think. Not the target. You can set the target to a book, maybe, and give one to the NPC so he/she will read it on the chair. Or at least I have not managed to make an NPC sit on a chair any other way. :P

But chairs and beds need to be persistent references so that they can be used as a 'specific reference' in AI packages or referenced in a script. :)

Edited by PhilippePetain