Help with making a new shield mod?

KyoMatsuri

So I'm trying to make a new shield in the game, based off of Spellbreaker just with a significant boost since it's a fairly weak shield. My main problem is implementing the texture that I have onto the mesh. I've tried a million times with a million programs, but I can't get anything to work... I have the .esp file for the shield, the .dds file of the texture, and I'm fairly certain anyone who's going to help me would have access to the .nif file for Spellbreaker. I pretty much want to make a version of it that seems more "Daedric" and less Dwarven. If someone could help me, I'd greatly appreciate it! Please let me know!

So you just edited the texture, right? I assume that you used the Creation Kit since you have an esp. There are two options:

1. Make a copy of the original texture and keep it somewhere as a backup, then name your new dds exactly the same thing as the original and replace it. If you decide to publish the mod, you will need to make folders to match the directory to put the texture in the right place. (In the zip or 7z that you upload, make a "texture" folder in the same place as the esp. Inside it make an "armor" folder, and inside that make a "spellbreaker" folder with your texture inside.) In the Creation Kit, make sure that you haven't changed the directory of the texture used by the new Spellbreaker.

2. Make a new folder in the "texture" folder and name it something that you will remember is your spellbreaker mod. Put your texture in it. If you decide to publish the mod, you will need to copy this folder and place it in a folder named "textures" that you will include in your zip or 7z along with the esp. In the Creation Kit, with the esp for your mod active, go to the miscellaneous section of the object window. Make a new texture set, and add the new texture in the first slot, the original _n as the normal, and the original _m as the environment map(you might want to look up the _m, I'm not sure it's environment). Find spellbreaker in the armor part of the items tab, click on the world item, and in the list on the left side of the new window change the texture set to your new texture set.

I'm not trying to modify the original Spellbreaker shield though. I'm trying to implement a brand new shield into the game that just uses Spellbreaker's .nif file and an edited version of its .dds file. This shield is supposed to be a standalone shield, not a modified Spellbreaker.