Concerning legal issues with music

TomokoKuroki12

Hello, I couldn't find anything on google search on this, but I would like to upload a music mod using commercial music by artists, but by doing this I would be giving them the music I purchased.. I've seen a few mods use music from TwoStepsFromHell and others.. How do you get away with this legally? Can I lock the folder somehow and still have the mod function for others?

In most countries with halfway decent copyright law, it is illegal to use other people's music for anything other than personal, private use without a license. People only get away with it because most artists don't have the time or money to send a legal army after every single copyright infringement. Setting aside law, I'd say it's pretty unethical, too, to just go around grabbing peoples' livelihood and giving it away in the form of a sound mod.

That said, there are plenty of artists, like Adrian von Zeigler, who are willing to let you use their music, if you ask.

There is a section in the Terms of Service that addresses this issue.

"Absolutely no copyrighted work is to be used without permission of the original creator. This includes content from other games, from DLCs, music creators or from other file authors. This also includes members from countries that do not

recognise copyright laws."

I think this pretty well covers your question. They least that will happen would be a suspension for a few days. The worst would be a complete site ban.