Am I the only one getting lots of lag?

antonkr

I am not sure if its the server but I am pretty sure my computer can play it. I play Fallout New Vegas on high averaging 60+ fps. I haven't gotten it before and its pissing me off :wallbash:

What do you guys think is the problem?

What server have you been on, and yes the game does get some strange ammount of Lag on certain servers at points. I had a talk with the server admin I frequent and found out why the servers for BC2 are lagger then most other games. When you first connect to the game your connect to both the EA log in server and the Punkbuster server, when you finally get into a match you are still logged into the EA log in server and also the server your on making you connected to 3 servers at the same time. Now here is something else out that also eats up bandwidth, not only are you connected to the server but the server is connected to punkbuster for not only hack detection but also for Chat language filter. So when someone spams the chat the server has to run that chat though a filter to the server, for each and every line. Though it seems it doesn't apply to server message systems. Now after massive reports of admin abuse on some server EA may have push down admin monitoring software to the servers with out them knowing it. As someone did logge a complaint against the admin of the server I frequent, likely one of the noobs who didn't pay attention to the server rules like no spawn camping or the 4 recon limit rule they had at the time (rush server means rush not sit on your arse and camp), or also have been a foul mouth brat which sometimes did show up only to get kicked out, or suspected hacker. But he also did mention that sometimes if a match is extra laggy and it extends beyond 3 rounds there very well maybe a person or multiple people using hacks.

For me the problem seems to be when I join the server. I have it lagging for a few couple of minutes then I can play properly. Might be EA servers.

The lag is now unplayable for me. :wallbash:

How the hell could my comp lag at that game. I can play the entire campaign on 60plus on high graphical setting but because of EA server bulls*** I can't play the multiplayer.

• 5 months later...
Bad Company 2 is an unplayable game. On PC lag may vary from computer to computer and internet to internet but for all PC players there's some universal game lag due to how poorly the game is programmed. There's always idiots going "Deeerp I don't notice any lag! DEEERP! Get a better computer DEERP!", people like that need to be dragged out into the street and shot...