Need help with NPC inventories

Iv'e been having troubles with adding new armor and clothing to leveled lists, specifically for the NCR troopers and Heavies. Often the soldiers spawn without armor entirely, and show up in their underwear while the ncr heavies often spawn with their original sets along with their new armors. I do not have this problem with legion units. I am trying to build this alongside the NCR trooper overhaul, could this be the reason? and is there a way around it or fix it?.

I can provide pictures if needed.

Out of curiosity, did you made a Merged Patch using FnvEdit? If not I suggest you give it a try since it helps manage the sorting of clothings, weapons and ammo in general to make sure there is no conflict with other mods, but also have a hand full of nice features to help you manage conflicts in your load order.

Otherwise, if you are already using FNVEdit, try loading the mods that may alter NCR equipment in general. Once they are loaded with FalloutNV.esm in FNVEdit, check for conflict between them in the tool (look for red highlighted lines under the mod you loaded)

Hope this help, keep us posted!

Iv'e been having troubles with adding new armor and clothing to leveled lists, specifically for the NCR troopers and Heavies. Often the soldiers spawn without armor entirely, and show up in their underwear while the ncr heavies often spawn with their original sets along with their new armors. I do not have this problem with legion units. I am trying to build this alongside the NCR trooper overhaul, could this be the reason? and is there a way around it or fix it?.

I dont have a lot of experience... but could this be related to the amount of defense the armors they will try to wear its not enough?

...You know?, like when you try to make a companion wear any kind of suit that have lower defense stats than their original armor... If that's is the reason, making your armors a little bit better than the ones to be replaced (like 1 for example) should be enough to make sure the soldiers always wear it.

Thank you for the replies! I do have fonvedit been making merge patches (they work except for my current issue) but I will try to see if it comes up with any conflicts between the two.

I dont have a lot of experience... but could this be related to the amount of defense the armors they will try to wear its not enough?

...You know?, like when you try to make a companion wear any kind of suit that have lower defense stats than their original armor... If that's is the reason, making your armors a little bit better than the ones to be replaced (like 1 for example) should be enough to make sure the soldiers always wear it.

The problem is that some of them wont even spawn with any armor at all, often they have 1-2 hats on their corpse instead. Thanks anyway!

Alright! I have checked through the fnvedit and it seems like in my merge, the NCR trooper overhaul tries to take priority and sets armors for "all" for some reason I have no idea why it does this, and I can't seem to edit this at all. Fnvedit says it can't delete the original file to replace it with a modified one. Im not sure if this explains why they show up naked though. Im pretty sure it is because the mod is making double hat lists instead of a hat/armor set for some reason.

Does anyone know how to fix this or edit that mod in order to correct it?

The mod with the error: http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/54978/?