Aftermath - Multiplayer mod is looking for 3000 players willing to inhabit Skyrim

Bargheimer

Political System

Political system of Aftermath is one of the main sources of "quests". To become a member of a political group a player has to do something useful for it. Do you remember quests of the Thieves Guild? Like in the original Skyrim a player has to earn reputation, but this process doesn't end after joining. Every group has a hierarchy and a higher status gives more opportunities to influence outcome of events happening in the game world.

There are 9 holds, their capitals and settlements outside of the city walls. Depending on where you live you may be a farmer who pays taxes and gets protection of the guards in return, you may be a shop owner who pays taxes and gets the right to sell goods, you may be a court wizard who serves the jarl and gets part of the taxes for that, you may even be the jarl who rules the hold. The political system of the hold consists of a lot of tightly linked components, for example, if you provide a bad service as a court wizard then the hold may lose some settlements in a battle, this will lead to lower amounts of taxes and will affect your income.

There are such well-known factions as the Dark Brotherhood, the Companions, the College of Winterhold. Being a member of any of these factions grants some bonuses. They have unique sources of income, the Dark Brotherhood is allowed to kill players in protected areas, the Thieves Guild is allowed to steal items from containers, etc.

You can form your own group if you have a place for the headquarter. It may be a dungeon or a cave. Details of such groups are not defined yet, I ask you for suggestions. Good suggestions will be implemented as a part of the game mechanics.

To be continued...

Edited by Bargheimer

Well I have some curious questions. Who are you and why should anyone trust you. Your account has never participated in the nexus sites in any way before and your asking users to download an unknown executable from another site to connect to the internet. Is there any source code available or are you a known member of another TES5 community? What assurances can you offer?

Im sure you have the best intentions but I feel like someone should at least ask this if your asking for thousands of users to download this. Also thank you for your efforts, this is a huge undertaking thats been attempted many times before. :thumbsup:

What kind of stuff will there be to do in the final version? Without NPCs you don't have quests, or dungeons. Is it purely PvP?

Yes, pure PvP but it doesn't mean that players could be freely attacked anywhere. Most of the conflicts will be player-driven. It's not that hard to ignite them if you give ability to trade in-game resources for real money. Also, there will be dungeons... guarded by real players.

Well I have some curious questions. Who are you and why should anyone trust you. Your account has never participated in the nexus sites in any way before and your asking users to download an unknown executable from another site to connect to the internet. Is there any source code available or are you a known member of another TES5 community? What assurances can you offer?

I'm a professional game developer but, of course, you shouldn't trust me. That's right I've never participated in the nexus sites. The source code won't be available to keep Aftermath exclusively in a single instance. An antivirus won't say if the executable files are safe, more likely its heuristic analysis will raise few red flags because I use different virus-like techniques (e.g. process injection, hooks setting) to make original TESV.exe do what I need. I can't offer any assurance but I can give advice - use virtual machine software to run the mod if your computer contains important data.

trade in-game resources for real money.

im pretty sure this is illegal. as no one can make a profit off of Bethesdas games other then bethesda and people who have business contracts with them.

Edited by qwertyzeldar

im pretty sure this is illegal. as no one can make a profit off of Bethesdas games other then bethesda and people who have business contracts with them.

It's a business between Bethesda and the players. I won't be getting money for player-to-player transactions.