Aftermath - Multiplayer mod is looking for 3000 players willing to inhabit Skyrim

Bargheimer

Seeing as how you've removed navmeshes, how will you approach fauna? The game will be much less impactful if there are only humanoids; the addition of birds, rabbits, deer, wolves and the like do much for a game's atmosphere.

Deer, wolves, etc. will be represented as non-movable objects to mark resource nodes. If this harms atmosphere much then I may make them move on predefined trajectories. Flying animals like butterflies or birds don't need navmeshes.

Aftermath will be an RPG game, not a shooter that requires real-life skills. I decided that there is no need to make fighting too complex, roleplaying will be prioritized.

so will horses become a thing? also will people start with anything?

so will horses become a thing? also will people start with anything?

I'm planning to use horses for faster travelling, but not for battles. I'm thinking of limiting usage of horses within road boundaries to increase strategic purpose of the roads.

Regarding starting kit, what would you like to have at start?

Regarding starting kit, what would you like to have at start?

to be honest i think it should depend on where you start (if there's a choice) such as if you choose to start in a city you begin with cloths and a large amount of gold (like 300 or something) along with "personal affects" so some jewelery and food items. if you start in a cave you start with fur armor an iron sword a little bit of food and like 50 gold. or something like that, it will have to be adjusted for balance purposes but would give people a jump start on what they intend to do in the game and help create an economy of sorts.

or if everybody starts with the same stuff i think 250 gold, an iron dagger (or sword), prisoner clothes, and maybe a few other things like a single healing potion or something. though with this method it will cause early players to immediately search out and plunder dungeons and caves in search of better gear and some money.

if you can find a way to make the first option possible it would lead to a better game experience and will limit PvP from becoming 'kill anything that moves for da loot" and switch it to more barter and the occasional PvP directed towards factions. it will also allow new players options, similar to the mod Alternate Start. if you do get the first idea implemented then i recommend limiting the number of people who can choose certain 'classes'. oh and it would allow powerful players to simply be rich instead of good in combat.

by the way i am basing this a little bit off of Skyrims existing economy for the value of the game content. it will take some trial and error for sure but could pay off in the end and lead to better gameplay.