can't go into 3rd person or wait using a controller!

ackley14

UGGGG this issue has been PISSING ME OFF for the past like 2 hours!!!!!!

So i'll give you some backbround..i have about...40 hours on a save. its my first real go at new vegas and i FINALLY beat the game!! :D didn't do nearly as much as i could have but thats not the point. i enjoyed every minute of it! i played the entire game with a controller problem free! with several mods installed again problem free....

so im looking to start a new game right? i have ultimate edition so all dlc is ready to be done lol considering i didn't do it on my last run through (among many other things :P) but......now i get this infuriating issue!!!!!

Basically after starting a character (AFTER...not during, but moments after leaving doc's house . just as the light fades) the LB and back buttons stop doing what they should....and i can't fathom why. i can use them to set hotkeys so the game is recognizing button presses. its just not handling them what so ever.. and yet...when using Keyboard&mouse both controls work fine... additionally when in third person (getting there from my keyboard) i can use the controler to go back to first person, but not back out to 3rd person again

it works for a split second then stops working after the quest objective is displayed......yes i tried using "enableplayercontrols" that did absolutely nothing to help....

i did add some mods as well mind you. i added a few graphical mods really. plus more perks and a few others detailed in my mod list below. keep in mind. I DID TEST A FRESH CHARACTER WITH KNOWN-WORKING MODS so that is not the issue. the mods i used my first time didn't work the second time.

here's my mod list

* = newly installed since my last play through

# This file was automatically generated by Mod Organizer.
FalloutNV.esm
DeadMoney.esm
HonestHearts.esm
OldWorldBlues.esm
LonesomeRoad.esm
GunRunnersArsenal.esm
ClassicPack.esm
MercenaryPack.esm
TribalPack.esm
CaravanPack.esm
CASE.esm
WMR.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm*
Lucky38Suite_Reloaded.esm
ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm*
WMVM.esm
More Traits.esm*
SomeguySeries.esm*
The Weapon Mod Menu.esp
The Mod Configuration Menu.esp
DarNifiedUINV.esp
FPSWeaponWheel.esp
CASE-Patch GRA.esp
CASE-Patch HH.esp
NewRecipes.esp
EVE FNV - ALL DLC.esp
WeaponModsExpanded.esp
Alternative Repairing.esp
WMX-DLCMerged.esp
Alternative Repairing - Ultimate Edition.esp
Alternative Start.esp*
NewVegasBounties.esp*
NewVegasBountiesII.esp*
Alternative Repairing - Additional Campfires.esp
Alternative Repairing - Breakdown Item Icons.esp
Follower Home Marker.esp
WMR - WMX Edition.esp
WMX-POPMerged.esp
JIP Companions Command & Control.esp
pimpboyfemale.esp
Easy Hacking.esp
L38-WMKVM.esp
NCRFreeRangerCombatArmor-AllArmorChanged.esp
Playstation 3 Controller.esp*
RadioClassical.esp*
More Traits Update.esp*
FNV Realistic Wasteland Lighting - Full.esp*
patch.esp*

i've tested this 1000 ways from sunday with absolutely no luck. i had ONE success by dissabling all mods....obviously that won't really do...i've also looked on line to no avail...im stuck and this is so dissapointing! i REALLY want to replay this but i want to be able to use my mods as well! its very bizar and i have no clue why this would happen. if anybody had other tests please don't be afraid to suggest them im willing to try whatever right now

last note, like i said i did try quite a bit (enabling dissabling various mods ect) the ONE thing i havn't tried yet for lack of time is enabling mods one at a time. the reason i havn't done this yet is due to me not having the time to create a brand new character and load a save every single time.

one thing i'd like to try is to make a new game with no mods installed....then get to a decent point away from doc mitchels house (past the point it doesn't work normally) then load the mods in. but as i don't have a whole lot of time right now i won't be doing that till later.

again thanks to any and all who are willing to toss me a suggestion. if you've had this problem in the past please please please let me know how you solved it!!!!

MAN I FEEL DUMB!!!! it was the fps weapon wheel mod!!!! hahaha there's a setting to change its default keybindings and it normally by default uses the scroll wheel so it locks 3rd person (no clue why it locks wait but whatever). and on my last character i just happened to change those keybindings to up and down instead of the scroll wheel on the mouse thus getting rid of the problem.

for anobody with this problem simply go into the MCM and change the "weapon scroll up" and "weapon scroll down" to ANTYHING ELSE lol. just NOT SCROLLWHEEL. sorry for the long post anybody who bothered to read it all XD

• 7 months later...