Path of Sorcery - Magic Perk Overhaul (WIP)

steelfeathers

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to let you know that apparently it is possible to have spells be effected by weather. Watched a review of the mage's skill from the Ordinator mod. As far as I know it only allows certain elements to be more stronger in their appropriate weather condition. Frost being stronger in snow storms and what not.

Destruction and alteration are well underway. I'll post details when I get home from work today.

But in the meantime, I'm looking for beta testers to help me test this behemoth and make sure everything works the way it should. If you'd like to volunteer, leave a comment and I'll send you the beta test version when it's ready.

Here's a update on some new destruction perks that are being added. I've included content for characters whose specialty is diversity, and expanded the usefulness of runes.

Student: Destruction (0/35) > All Destruction spells are 0.5/0.75% stronger per Destruction level. All Destruction spells consume less magicka per Destruction level. Cost reduction caps at 50/70%.
Elementalist (40) > Your elemental spells become 5% more powerful every time you use a destruction spell with a different element than the previous spell used. Effect stacks if another elemental destruction spell is cast within 5 seconds. Boost caps at 30%.
Force Of Nature (60) > Unlocks spell chaining. Elemental spells cast in different combinations on the same target will cause various secondary effects.
Ward Breaker (60) > Elemental spells are 50% more effective against resistant targets and 200% more effective against targets casting ward spells.
Apprentice Rune Mage (20) > Can place up to 2 runes twice as far away.
Subtle Magic (30) > Rune casting spells are silent.
Master Rune Mage (60) > Can place up to 5 runes 3.5 times as far away.
Ambush (80) > Runes deal twice as much damage if the target is unaware that anything is amiss.
Searing Pain (40) > Fire spells inflict grievous burns that prevent regeneration and lower attack damage.
Wildfire (80) > Fire spells cause opponents who are low on health to burst into flame, spreading fire wherever they go.
Heart Of Flame (70) > Those who physically attack you face backlash from your fiery aura, taking fire damage in retaliation; you laugh in the face of mages who wield flames against you, absorbing magicka from their fire spells.
Phoenix Rising (90) > Once a day, if your health falls below 30%, you immit a pulse of fire that causes nearby opponents to burst into flame. For 30 seconds afterwards, you rapidly regenerate health and magicka, and your fire spells are 50% more effective.
Pyromancer (100) > Your fire spells are 50% stronger, you are immune to fire damage, and Searing Pain and Heart Of Flame are much more potent. However, your frost and shock spells are 30% weaker, and you are 30% less resistant to frost and shock damage. (Can only choose 1 elemental mastery)
Chilled To The Bone (40) > Opponents who have run out of stamina take twice as much damage from your next frost spell. 15 second cooldown per target.
Fortress Of Shards (80) > When your health falls below 20%, your power flares out, protecting you with a ring of deadly icicles.
Heart of Ice (70) > Those who physically attack you face backlash from your icy aura, taking frost damage in retaliation; you laugh in the face of mages who wield ice against you, absorbing magicka from their frost spells.
Winter's Fury (90) > Once a day, if your health falls below 30%, you are surrounded by a nigh-impenitrable layer of ice that deflects 80% of incoming damage for 15 seconds, and 3 ice spirits form from the mist to defend you for 60 seconds.
Cryomancer (100) > Your frost spells are 50% stronger, you are immune to frost damage, and Chilled To The Bone and Heart Of Ice are much more potent. However, your fire and shock spells are 30% weaker, and you are 30% less resistant to fire and shock damage. (Can only choose 1 elemental mastery)
Deadly Arc (40) > Shock spells have a 10% chance of causing the target to drop their weapon, and a 1% chance of causing instant death.
Heart Of Lightning (70) > Those who physically attack you face backlash from your crackling aura, taking shock damage in retaliation; you laugh in the face of mages who wield electricity against you, absorbing magicka from their shock spells.
Electromancer (100) > Your shock spells are 50% stronger, you are immune to shock damage, and Heartstopper and Heart Of Lightning are much more potent. However, your frost and shock spells are 30% weaker, and you are 30% less resistant to frost and shock damage. (Can only choose 1 elemental mastery)