No barrier between Nirn and Oblivion

CaarosKingOfChaos

In case you missed it, I'm bei.g snarky. I don't agree with the Thalmor, but I do recognise the signifigance of their perspective. They ARE right. But just being right doesn't mean that you aren't still in the wrong. If I go back in time to prevent your parents from meeting, I've prevented you from existing. I didn't kill you, sure, but I still bear the responsibility for your lack of existence.

The point is, the Thalmor view their actions as benevolent. To them, mortality is a curse, and the entire world is an engine for suffering. They want to prevent those who were murdered to create it from being killed in the first place, this preventing all the suffering that has ever happened. That will still mean errasing everything and everyone who has ever lived on Mundus, but they aren't destroying anything, even if they would bear responsibility for its non-existence.

They wouldn't care though, because they're part of what they want to erase. The Thalmor would never have been either, just like everyone else...

So basically an extreme form of RL religions that value nirvana?

Bonus points to the Devs if the Thalmor plan turns out to need a heart shaped box that smells like teen spirit :) I know you meant the Buddhist concept of Nirvana, but even so :D