Keeping Skyrim mods with a new OS

herbbie88

Hi everyone,

I know this isn't a typical mod question, but I have a couple questions about keeping my Skyrim mods when I install a new OS.

I recently bought a new SSD, and I think I'll reinstall Windows 7 on it and then upgrade to WIndows 10. I have a ton of Skyrim mods installed through Mod Organizer as well as in the Skyrim directory manually.

I really don't want to lose this modlist. I know that Mod Organizer stores mods in the My Documents folder, so could those at least be preserved when I reinstall Windows? I guess I will probably lose the manually installed mods?

If anyone has a better idea of how to go about this, please let me know.

Thank you!

I have upgraded windows 7 to windows 10, All my mods remained intact for me. In fact, pretty much all my stuff, programs, files, music, videos remained mostly untouched. Should be the same for you, that is if you don't botch up and you're using the upgrade feature in windows 7.

Yeah that's the thing. I have a new SSD so I'll have to reinstall from scratch, I can't do an upgrade. I don't think I'll be able to keep any of my programs when I do the installation.