I cannot manually download mods. They don't appear in the launcher's data files section, or in NMM.

Subteree

I also noticed this problem when manually downloading the free dlc for Morrowind. It may be good to note that the one dlc that did work had a data folder which I merged into the pre-existing data folder. I tried reinstalling Skyrim, which worked for someone else, but the problem still persists. I really want to download Interesting NPCs, as well as a patcher for the brawl bugs patch (because brawls STILL wont work probably thanks to SPERG). If anyone can help with this, it would really be appreciated.

If you're clicking the manual download link on the mod page then of course they wont appear in your mod list in NMM because you downloaded them to your Windows (assuming) user Downloads folder and not the folder where NMM stores its mods. Copy or move the archive from your Downloads folder to that folder and it should show up in NMM when you start it up again no problem.

NMM also has a built in function to install a mod from a folder - any folder on your PC. When you install it this way, it will work just like you installed it using the install from manager.

I'll try moving it into the NMM folder, but shouldn't the files at least show up in the steam launcher? They are in Skyrim's data files folder, but they aren't listed when I click on data files in steam's launcher.

EDIT: Almost none of my downloaded mods, even some of the ones downloaded with NMM, are stored in NMMs folders, they have always been in D:\Program Files (x86)\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data. That is also where I put my manually downloaded mods, except for Interesting NPCs since the instructions told me to put it in the same folder as Skyrim's launcher instead. None of these mods are showing up in my game. And, as previously mentioned, I have this problem with the Morrowind DLC (the free stuff which has to be downloaded manually, like a mod) as well.

Also, if someone could tell me how to install a mod from a folder that would me great too.

Edited by Subteree

Just tried copying the mod folders into C:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Skyrim\Mods. They still aren't showing up. And I can't find any mention anywhere of being able to install directly from a folder.

EDIT: Wait, did you mean I need to put 7zip files in NMM's folder? I already extracted my files into Skyrim's data folder.

Edited by Subteree

Just tried copying the mod folders into C:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Skyrim\Mods. They still aren't showing up. And I can't find any mention anywhere of being able to install directly from a folder.

EDIT: Wait, did you mean I need to put 7zip files in NMM's folder? I already extracted my files into Skyrim's data folder.

When downloading a mod manually, the file will be placed in your C:\Users\<YourName>\Downloads folder (if using Windows7).

Then open NMM and in the MODS tab click on the Puzzle piece with the plus sign on it (Add mod from file). Then select the mod from the downloaded location and double click on it.

It will then show up in the NMM download manager. And should then be installed in your NMM mods folder and Skyrim data folder and automatically activated.

DO NOT extract the files first just click on the 7Zip file.

When downloading a mod manually, the file will be placed in your C:\Users\<YourName>\Downloads folder (if using Windows7).

Then open NMM and in the MODS tab click on the Puzzle piece with the plus sign on it (Add mod from file). Then select the mod from the downloaded location and double click on it.

It will then show up in the NMM download manager. And should then be installed in your NMM mods folder and Skyrim data folder and automatically activated.

DO NOT extract the files first just click on the 7Zip file.

Sweet, I'll do that. Although shouldn't I be able to manually download files without NMM by extracting them into Skyrim's data folder?

I've found that just moving the files into NMM's folder DID work, I just had to look in the unassigned section to find them. (Still want to know why downloading without NMM didn't work)

You could manually download the 7Zip files extract them and then place the extracted files into the respective folders and then just activate the esp in the launcher. But if there is an issue with the mod or if you don't like it, it will be much harder to find all the associated files to remove. It is much better to use a mod organizer such as NMM or Mod Organizer.