Missing Textures - Everything Purple

Katsuke1

I was having trouble installing Hearthfire DLC and while doing so made my game crash every time I opened it. To try and fix this I tried unticking all my mods and then re-ticking them. I then deleted the Hearthfire files I placed in the data folder (Hearthfire.esm and .bsa along with a 'voice' folder and 'strings' folder) so I could make sure my game would run. I then run my game again and found that the majority of my mods were missing their textures. I'm using a custom race (Ashen) and wearing a Tera Armors mod, both of which appeared purple. My characters equipment and skin was purple. Other equipment mods are purple.

I've tried changing the load order but nothing has fixed it yet. I've checked the integrity of game cache and that has no effect. Is there anything else I can do?

Reinstalling the mods with missing textures should work.

Also, getting Mod Organizer will prevent this headache in the future.

I've tried reinstalling some but it did nothing.

Isn't NMM a mod organizer or am I wrong there?

Thanks for the reply :smile:

EDIT: Is there a feature of NMM where I can completely reinstall all my current mods without individually going through them?

Edited by Katsuke1

EDIT: Is there a feature of NMM where I can completely reinstall all my current mods without individually going through them?

NMM is a mod manager but it's not Mod Organizer.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1334/?

Mod Organizer is a vastly superior mod managing tool because it never actually affects any of your installed mods or the data directory on your hard drive.

It works by creating a virtual filing system. You can allow conflicts in textures to win or lose by moving the filing system around in Mod Organizer. However, when you uninstall a mod it will not turn textures purple because you did not overwrite any files in your data directory.

As for your purple textures the best chance of fixing the problem is to reinstall texture packs and for any persistent problems you can open the console (~) and click on the texture to see the source mod.

NMM is a mod manager but it's not Mod Organizer.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/1334/?

Mod Organizer is a vastly superior mod managing tool because it never actually affects any of your installed mods or the data directory on your hard drive.

It works by creating a virtual filing system. You can allow conflicts in textures to win or lose by moving the filing system around in Mod Organizer. However, when you uninstall a mod it will not turn textures purple because you did not overwrite any files in your data directory.

As for your purple textures the best chance of fixing the problem is to reinstall texture packs and for any persistent problems you can open the console (~) and click on the texture to see the source mod.

I see, thank you for explaining that, I will definitely give it a try.