Energy Backpacks!-plz

MadBastich

I have picked through the nexus as best i can, im looking for a mod that at minimum makes an equipable backpack out of the pack that goes with the lazer minigun. just the pack, i dont care if it modifies carry weight or not, i just want to wear some kind of tech pack

there is a woeful lack of "tech" integrated gear that isnt just power armor retextures, its really difficult to make an outfit for a pure energy user "science" whiz chatacter.

if some generous soul would make the one pack, or be kind enough to walk me through it i would greatly appreciate it.

makes an equipable backpack out of the pack that goes with the lazer minigun.

Sure I can make one for you. I did one for the minigun pack over here, pic;

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/devinlpatterson/FONV%20Mods-works%20in%20progress/MinigunBackpack_zps6vvulg8q.jpg

Although I'm not sure when I'll have a chance to fire up blender and put it together for you. On the plus side, it's a fairly easy request so someone may tackle it before I do.

makes an equipable backpack out of the pack that goes with the lazer minigun.

Sure I can make one for you. I did one for the minigun pack over here, pic;

http://i1066.photobucket.com/albums/u404/devinlpatterson/FONV%20Mods-works%20in%20progress/MinigunBackpack_zps6vvulg8q.jpg

Although I'm not sure when I'll have a chance to fire up blender and put it together for you. On the plus side, it's a fairly easy request so someone may tackle it before I do.

Thats exactly what im talkin about, cept the pack for the lazer minigun instead

Sure no problem. I should mention though that it may be a while before I get to it. I noticed DizzasterJuice has also offered to fill the request for you (I missed it when I posted, maybe I had the tab open for a while before he posted so I missed it), but I think he can fill the request more quickly for you and do it just as well (if not better) than I. I'm happy to do it, but whichever way works best for you.

This is a bit of a tangent, but it might be cool to have the energy backpack be a little fusion reactor that also powers all energy weapons. So essentially when it's equipped your energy weapons have unlimited ammo or a recharger ammo (if you want a little better game balance). There is a NVSE function, SetWeaponAmmoUse and you could have it switch ammo use to zero under the backpack's onEquip block (save the ref of the weapon in a var, so you can swap it back to normal on the UnEquip block) resulting in infinite ammo. Or SetWeaponAmmo which would swap out recharger ammo with your currently equipped weapon (to simulate a constant but lower wattage reactor) in the same way. You'd have a bit of additional code tying everything together (ie if the player switches out weapons while the pack is equipped, returning the weapon to normal and new ammo for the new weapon), but I think it could work.

Just a thought to make the pack more useful/interesting (although potentially overpowered).

Sure no problem. I should mention though that it may be a while before I get to it. I noticed DizzasterJuice has also offered to fill the request for you (I missed it when I posted, maybe I had the tab open for a while before he posted so I missed it), but I think he can fill the request more quickly for you and do it just as well (if not better) than I. I'm happy to do it, but whichever way works best for you.

This is a bit of a tangent, but it might be cool to have the energy backpack be a little fusion reactor that also powers all energy weapons. So essentially when it's equipped your energy weapons have unlimited ammo or a recharger ammo (if you want a little better game balance). There is a NVSE function, SetWeaponAmmoUse and you could have it switch ammo use to zero under the backpack's onEquip block (save the ref of the weapon in a var, so you can swap it back to normal on the UnEquip block) resulting in infinite ammo. Or SetWeaponAmmo which would swap out recharger ammo with your currently equipped weapon (to simulate a constant but lower wattage reactor) in the same way. You'd have a bit of additional code tying everything together (ie if the player switches out weapons while the pack is equipped, returning the weapon to normal and new ammo for the new weapon), but I think it could work.

Just a thought to make the pack more useful/interesting (although potentially overpowered).

im fairly sure hes gonna give me some screenshots to walk me through making just a wearable (does nothing) back pack. but what you just said about ammo stuff for energy weapons sounds awesome! mabey to prevent making it op, just make it "bottomless magazine" the weapon, that way you still have an ammo limit, and only on a few guns were low loaded shots prevent op would it be potentially game breaking. i dont even know if thats possible but i like the idea

im fairly sure hes gonna give me some screenshots to walk me through making just a wearable (does nothing) back pack.

I see. Whichever way you prefer, just shout if you want me to do it (assuming your OK with the wait).

just make it "bottomless magazine" the weapon, that way you still have an ammo limit, and only on a few guns were low loaded shots prevent op would it be potentially game breaking.

I'm not really familiar with the term and a search didn't help much, but I suspect what your referring to is actually (or akin to) the recharger function I listed above. What it essentially does is replenish your ammo count over time. Adding one to your ammo count (depending on the rate selected) per a second until the clip is full. Same thing as you had in mind with the "bottomless magazine"?

However it occurs to me that we may not have a function to set the regen rate so recharger ammo may not work (I doubt it will default to 1).

Gah! I just realized that the backpack is fitted by an egm file so it has to be rigged. Normally that would take me 5 minutes to do in Max but there's a problem. Recently I was forced to upgrade to 3ds Max 2015 by my Autodesk contract and the problem is that niftools do not work in the new version.

I think devinpatterson uses Blender, which still works, so looks like you'll have to wait on him.

Sorry 'bout that.