Energy Backpacks!-plz

MadBastich

im fairly sure hes gonna give me some screenshots to walk me through making just a wearable (does nothing) back pack.

I see. Whichever way you prefer, just shout if you want me to do it (assuming your OK with the wait).

just make it "bottomless magazine" the weapon, that way you still have an ammo limit, and only on a few guns were low loaded shots prevent op would it be potentially game breaking.

I'm not really familiar with the term and a search didn't help much, but I suspect what your referring to is actually (or akin to) the recharger function I listed above. What it essentially does is replenish your ammo count over time. Adding one to your ammo count (depending on the rate selected) per a second until the clip is full. Same thing as you had in mind with the "bottomless magazine"?

However it occurs to me that we may not have a function to set the regen rate so recharger ammo may not work (I doubt it will default to 1).

bottmless mag basically just means you never have to reload. the weapon has full access to all the ammo you have for it without a magazine limit. so 6 shots before reloading becomes however much ammo you have for the weapon

Gah! I just realized that the backpack is fitted by an egm file so it has to be rigged. Normally that would take me 5 minutes to do in Max but there's a problem. Recently I was forced to upgrade to 3ds Max 2015 by my Autodesk contract and the problem is that niftools do not work in the new version.

I think devinpatterson uses Blender, which still works, so looks like you'll have to wait on him.

Sorry 'bout that.

its all good, thanks for looking into it. i imagined it wasnt hard to do for someone who has the slightest clue what they are doing, but i am not that person haha

bottmless mag basically just means you never have to reload. the weapon has full access to all the ammo you have for it without a magazine limit. so 6 shots before reloading becomes however much ammo you have for the weapon

KO. Yeah changing the ammo use would effectively give you the bottomless clip you described, and NVSE has a function for that. Alhough I'll probably make a recharger version as well for those concerned about game balance. Maybe a Wattz Electronics pack that comes in different models, that provide varried energy outputs (regenerate 1 round a second, 2 rounds a second, three etc), and of course the largest model has to have a peak output of 1.21 jigowatts. Might as well, since I took the time to work out how to do it (at least theoretically). A nice addition will also be to have it's glow maps (the red lights) give a rough indicator of energy levels (very bright when full, dim when almost exhausted).

But all do all the extra fancy stuff after making a simple wearable for you, so you don't have to wait for me to work out the more complicated aspects of the pack.

KO. Yeah changing the ammo use would effectively give you the bottomless clip you described, and NVSE has a function for that. Alhough I'll probably make a recharger version as well for those concerned about game balance. Maybe a Wattz Electronics pack that comes in different models, that provide varried energy outputs (regenerate 1 round a second, 2 rounds a second, three etc), and of course the largest model has to have a peak output of 1.21 jigowatts. Might as well, since I took the time to work out how to do it (at least theoretically). A nice addition will also be to have it's glow maps (the red lights) give a rough indicator of energy levels (very bright when full, dim when almost exhausted).

But all do all the extra fancy stuff after making a simple wearable for you, so you don't have to wait for me to work out the more complicated aspects of the pack.

you sir are a scholar and a gentleman.

Gah! I just realized that the backpack is fitted by an egm file so it has to be rigged. Normally that would take me 5 minutes to do in Max but there's a problem. Recently I was forced to upgrade to 3ds Max 2015 by my Autodesk contract and the problem is that niftools do not work in the new version.

I think devinpatterson uses Blender, which still works, so looks like you'll have to wait on him.

Sorry 'bout that.

its all good, thanks for looking into it. i imagined it wasnt hard to do for someone who has the slightest clue what they are doing, but i am not that person haha

random idea, would it be possible to make one look like a ghostbuster proton pack? not in any way necessary but would BE THE TITS!