• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Combine99

Combine99

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

Anyone else tired of Skyrim's crappy detection AI? How many times has this happened to you: You're hiding in a foolproof spot so you peak out fire an arrow at the far wall to distract the bandits, who then walk ten feet toward the arrow impact then turn right around and proceed to walk up to you and stare at your hiding spot until either they find you or the detection timer runs out. Knifepoint Ridge is the worst Iv'e seen yet: I fire an arrow at the lookout tower and the entire camp proceeds to march down the hill, no one even bothers to look where the arrow landed, nope they already know where it came from. I've read some places that bandits cant hear arrows fly which is bull since I've fired arrows straight up and it attracted bandits. That's pretty much the only thing that puts me off the game actually, bad AI, Iv'e modded out all the other problems.

JustATac0

JustATac0

Enthusiast

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 226 posts
ok this confused me a bit but yes i tink that the bandit detection AI is a bit flawwed if i do say so myself

TheSpaceShuttleChallenger

TheSpaceShuttleChallenger

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Or, alternatively, when your stealth skill is high, having a bandit take an arrow to the face, walk right up to you, take your hand, lean their forehead against yours, stare deeply into your eyes for fifteen seconds, then, "huh, nothing here after all."  Talk about hurt feelings.

vram1974

vram1974

Faithful poster

• Premium Member
  • 1,888 posts

Personally I find the whole radar thing annoying. I would like to turn it off but I don't know how.

urbeatle

urbeatle

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

I haven't had anything like that, but I do agree the bandit detection and ranged attack aim is too good. But then, I suppose it's balanced out by the problems with the movement AI. Melee bandits can't reach you if it would require jumping up instead of down, while archer bandits can always hit their target even if you are far away in total darkness. Seems balanced.

Iceberry

Iceberry

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Have you tried out Immersive detection of NPC? http://www.nexusmods...im/mods/61255/?

Combine99

Combine99

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 916 posts

I'll give that mod a try since it certainly cant get any worse. Oh and vram1974 this mod "http://www.nexusmods...rim/mods/1810/?" can remove your radar, unfortunately not the enemies.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: enemy ai

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.233 seconds