Permission for Modification of a Mod?

Akarsil

Hello everyone. :) Recently I've been working on a retexture of a mod on the Nexus. I've actively tried to contact the original modder, but I receive no answer. How long should I wait before uploading the mod? With credit granted to the original modder of course, or should I just refrain from uploading it at all?

Cheers,

I would not upload it untill you get a reply from the original author of the mod saying if you can or cant. Read the permission notes of the mod if there are some and if you have not done so already :)

Unless their description says "you can use without permission".. you'll have to wait until you get a response from them.

Else a workaround would be just to upload the texture and list their mod as a requirement in the description. Do not upload any of their assets etc.

The above is assuming that the texture is your own work ;)

Edited by skinnytecboy

Alright, but the thing is that the retextures I've made have required some tweaking of the meshes in nifskope. I'll wait it out and see if I can get an answer, if not then I'll simply just not upload. I did go through the permissions tab and it said that I always should ask for permission first.
Thank you for the answers. :)

Check their member page on the file side to see how long it has been since they were online (the file side page and the forum page are different as the forum only shows forum account activity.) If it has not been toooooooo long then you may want to leave a polite request in the comments of the mod. They may still check those even if they don't the forums.