Creating a Custom Standalone Follower with ECE AND RaceMenu

Gabby2805

Hello, I'm new to the Forums so sorry if this is the wrong place.

I've been trying to make custom standalone Followers.

I seem to have successfully created a male follower (I use the better males mod).

I would also like to make a female follower...but this seems more difficult.

Her face and hairstyle worked fine..but I made her have red hair (made using RaceMenu) but when I turned her into a follower, her hair was light brown :pinch:

I have both ECE and RaceMenu installed and they work fine together..but perhaps this causes complications when making a follower.

I've been searching the internet and people say to use the ChargenExtension mod and the CharGen Export mods...but these features are both included in the latest version of RaceMenu. Also, the latest version of ECE also comes with its own Export function.

Its really frustrating that there are no updated tutorials :mad:

I really don't know how or what to export and where to go from there.

Edited by Gabby2805

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I stumbled upon your post during my own search for an updated custom follower tutorial. I'm just now getting up the gumption to try again after many futile attempts a year and a half ago - hoping that the updated version of racemenu will help.

To answer your question about changing hair color, I found the tutorial "How to change Sofia's hair" by ClearanceClarence: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/61348/ (the last download on the mod downloads page - pdf format).

He is the uploader of a mod that allows you to "customize" a custom follower mod with different body textures. He wrote the tutorial for people who were asking how to change the hairstyle, hair color and eye textures of custom followers. I hope this helps.

If you're interested in sharing how you succeeded in getting your ECE/RaceMenu faces to stick to a custom follower, feel free to PM me. I would really appreciate the help.

Thanks,

archtrtd1