• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

Sabal1984

Sabal1984

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
I've been messing with the abi_base.gda file and have tweaked a few spells and abilities to have different cooldowns and mana/stamina costs, but beyond those simple things, I have no idea what most of the fields are for! Even worse, messing with them and hoping to get results usually ends up with weird malfunctions in the game (which is to be expected, of course).

Opening the abi_base.gda in GDApp reveals that only 2 columns are labeled normally ('Cost', and 'cooldown') while the rest are a bunch of gibberish.

Anyway, I'm posting this in the hopes that we can put together a definitive list of what each field does to spells/abilities. Here are all the values I currently know the funciton of (some I've figured out myself, some were posted on the net in the DA2 Bioware forums, etc.):
[note: these values are what you see when you open abi_base.gda with pyGFF]

G2DA_COLUMN_15 = points required in 2H style
G2DA_COLUMN_16 = overall level requirement
G2DA_COLUMN_21 = talent tree icon location
G2DA_COLUMN_22 = talent tree icon location

G2DA_COLUMN_34 = cost
G2DA_COLUMN_35 = cooldown
G2DA_COLUMN_96 = damage
G2DA_COLUMN_97 = force
G2DA_COLUMN_98 = duration
G2DA_COLUMN_100 = Physical Dmg. vs. Brittle
G2DA_COLUMN_101 = Physical Force vs. Brittle

So, for example, modifying G2DA_COLUMN_34 through pyGFF or GDApp would allow one to increase/decrease the cooldown of a spell/ability (which is how some people made the 'heal mods', where the heal spell has a drastically reduced CD). Anyway, what's bugging me is that even though G2DA_COLUMN_96 is usually responsible for the damage of a spell/ability, it seems to have no effect (it's set to 0.00) for the Elemental Weapons mage spell.

I want to put together an overhaul mod which would offer a very different gameplay experience (modified cds, durations, damage, range, etc.), but I can't do squat until I figure out what each of the fields does. Also, to make matters worse, it seems some of the spells/abilities are hardcoded and ignore some, if not most of the fields (the good part is that almost all of them still allow cooldowna and mana/stamina cost modification).

Halp pl0x!

Edited by Sabal1984, 15 March 2011 - 04:06 PM.

Sabal1984

Sabal1984

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts
Bumpity bump bump... bump...

Ahem, I finally figured out most of it, after a particularly painful afternoon of banging my head against the desk in sheer frustration. The mod is coming along nicely, and it's so much fun playing with fully customized abilities, can't wait to release it! :thumbsup:

Anyway, there's still some stuff about the spells that's confusing me (like, for instance, the 100% stun chance on some spell upgrades that don't show up anywhere in the .gda, or the casting range of abilities and their AoE), so if anyone's figured this out, please post your findings and enlighten me! :wallbash:

darkshimmer

darkshimmer

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i was looking for this abi_base.gda file but i was not able to find it. Spell changes is something i was also looking forward to changing.

darkshimmer

darkshimmer

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
i found the post on how to open the file. I see what you mean now about the strings and int's

odjntrade

odjntrade

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
The elemental weapon spreads damage from the mage's staff to the other characters. More than likely the damage stat you're altering isn't called but rather the weapon's damage.

b33tlejuice

b33tlejuice

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Ahem, I finally figured out most of it, after a particularly painful afternoon of banging my head against the desk in sheer frustration. The mod is coming along nicely, and it's so much fun playing with fully customized abilities, can't wait to release it! :thumbsup:

Anyway, there's still some stuff about the spells that's confusing me (like, for instance, the 100% stun chance on some spell upgrades that don't show up anywhere in the .gda, or the casting range of abilities and their AoE), so if anyone's figured this out, please post your findings and enlighten me! :wallbash:

I havn't figured it out but I think this might be a lead 4 you to check out, there are quite a few ability gda's under 2da.rim, have you checked them all out?

Sabal1984

Sabal1984

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 92 posts

I havn't figured it out but I think this might be a lead 4 you to check out, there are quite a few ability gda's under 2da.rim, have you checked them all out?

Actually, I have, because abi_base.gda is extracted from 2da.rim. I have a feeling there's another 2da file in the 2da.rim somewhere which holds the other half the abilitiy parametars (range, stun chance, AoE, etc.) which are not listed in abi_base.gda. The problem is that 2da.rim has around 100-ish files, and it would be near impossible to extract every single one of them and then painstakingly check every field of each.

If I recall correctly, spell data for DA:O was in the form of scripts - you could modify abilities only by opening the script and messing with it in there (there were a few tutorials about modifying Fireball AoE and casting range). I get the feeling that there's a script file hidden somewhere that we don't yet know about. It would be good if someone with more knowledge could post the information if they have it.

kurniallah2412

kurniallah2412

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
I want to ask something, did you find any line that used to add Effect to skill,
because
first : I want to remove Annoying Arcane Shield effect.
second : I want to add Glowing Eyes to Blood Mage Ability.

have you found any??

thanks before

b33tlejuice

b33tlejuice

Regular

• Supporter
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

I want to ask something, did you find any line that used to add Effect to skill,
because
first : I want to remove Annoying Arcane Shield effect.
second : I want to add Glowing Eyes to Blood Mage Ability.

have you found any??

thanks before

I think we're gonna need the toolset for that, IF they decide to release one *crosses fingers*

@Sabal1984
I've noticed a few for persistant effects and such(haven't looked inside them yet), but will look around a bit more and let you know all my findings (if any)

kurniallah2412

kurniallah2412

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 121 posts
hmm... How about adding spells to abi_base.gda, or replace?

something like replacing
309010 - MAGE_BLOODMAGE_SACRIFICE to 404020 - MONSTER_MAGES_BLOODMAGE_DEVASTATOR_AOE

or Adding

yes I prefer adding???

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.923 seconds