custom armor

amycus

well, since you offered to help once more if you could.., :whistling: I have run into a texture problem. I did search around on the words "armor + texture" in this troubleshooting forum, but found no one else with this problem.

Every time I have done textures the parts of the armour seems to get different shades. I didn't think of it much before, but now when I did a simple, grey texture it became quite troublesome. All the "hard" unbendable steel parts are supposed to have similar texture, and the shades of grey varies depending on the camera direction and light. How does one get a more "unified" colour?

The greaves are a good example on the problem:

Hmmm. Check your normals and you normal map. Also do you think I could see your mao file.

:woot: What the...? You think you can borrow me that crystal ball sometime sir? exporting all the files from max with no normal map at all actually fixed the problem. Will take a look at my normal map now, but I'm confident I can make it work from here. Thanks again rainshock, hopefully I won't need to depend on you as often from now on :sweat:

:woot: What the...? You think you can borrow me that crystal ball sometime sir? exporting all the files from max with no normal map at all actually fixed the problem. Will take a look at my normal map now, but I'm confident I can make it work from here. Thanks again rainshock, hopefully I won't need to depend on you as often from now on :sweat:

Hahaha. I've run into these problems a couple of times myself which is how I keep recognizing them. Hope you can get it fixed. :)