The best way to remove unwanted options from hair and tattoo mods

HughMahn

I want to go through several new hair style mods and whittle them down to a handful of my favorite styles, delete the rest to reduce the total size of the mods, then merge them all together in a mod that should be less taxing than any one of the larger mods they came from.

I'd like to do this with warpaint and tattoos for face and body as well.

All the youtube and forum tutorials seem to either cover the basics, or making stuff from scratch.

I already know how to merge mods in TES5edit with Xedit, and are pretty comfortable with TES5edit itself. I have no experience with the creation kit, but could learn if that works better.

My computer is strong enough to run vanilla Skyrim with all DLC and high res packs on ultra with no problems. However it's a few years old and wasn't the top of the line to begin with, so I have to balance number and size of mods with visual quality and stability. Having fewer and smaller mods really helps.

Plus it'll be nice to only have to go through 50 or so options instead of hundreds.

ShowRaceMenu Precatch Killer (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/33526/?) is already integrated into the latest RaceMenu and included in most hair mods. It stops Skyrim from loading the extra hairs until you select them, so there's no real need to do this.

If you want to for ease of mind, just delete the hair records in TES5Edit.

I know about the prechatch killer. It isn't simply me trying to make the file size as small as I can or increase performance, but mainly not having to sift through hundreds of styles just to get the handful I want. It's kind of a bummer how almost all hair style mods go for fancy well kept glamour, instead of athletic, messy, and utilitarian. It's especially hard to find nice longer hair that would look good on a nature girl.

One last thing, do I just delete the "Name" part of the record, or do I also delete the files under the "Extra Parts" on the right? Is there something I shouldn't delete ever that everyone knows about so they don't mention it much?

http://i.imgur.com/Gy5YgBT.png