Heavy Traffic ×

Shadows of Darkest Soul (An Elder Scrolls RP)

darkedge42392

Edward Wildeve, Bal Isra

Edward nodded in agreement, he had suppressed his rampant hunger by deliberately not thinking about it and this mention of something to eat made him realise how famished he was.

He thought back to the man from before, the cold Dark Elf. He was used to Elven racism in these lands and for all of Adrynn's goodwill Edward knew it would be an uphill struggle to be accepted while working here. Yet food erased these thoughts from his mind and he followed Adrynn into the large shell he indicated. Edward pulled back his hood and tried to position his sword as to make himself look less menacing, which was a futile attempt as he had no-where to sheath it. He carried it by his side instead.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adrynn Indarys, Indarys Manor, Bal Isra

Adrynn stepped into the cool manor, glad to be out of the hot Ashland sun. He glanced behind him to see Edward step inside and pull off his hood, and try to find somewhere to put his sword. Adrynn frowned slightly. I should get Gilyne to make a scabbard for that blade, so Edward doesn't constantly have to walk around carrying it. he thought to himself. He watched Edward simply hold the blade against his body, trying to keep it out of the way.

"If you want, I could have my smith make a scabbard for that sword of yours. so you don't have to carry it around in one hand all the time," Adrynn said, glancing at Edward. "You don't have to answer right away, just something for you to think about. C'mon, let's get something to eat."

Adrynn noticed that Garila wasn't upstairs on her post, so he figured they had come home at the right time. Going down the stairs to the left of the entranceway, Adrynn heard the chatter of Dunmeri voices and the dull clunk of earthenware plates and cups being used. Stepping down into the dining hall, he noticed most of the seats of the four tables tables and at the bar were full with various armored and clothed bodies. The sweet scent of hot food reached his nose and his mouth began to water.

"Adrynn! You're home!" a soft female Dunmer voice said in front of him. He glanced down and saw Garila standing up from her seat at the bar, before coming over and embracing him. He hugged her tightly, smiling as the scent of her hair enveloped him.

"Yes, I am, Garila," he said, a smile in his voice. He stepped back and held her at arm's length, admiring the color of her eyes and the shape of her face. He saw her eyes go over her shoulder and a smile form on her lips.

"Who is this, Adrynn? Are you not going to introduce us?" she said, a mischievous little twinkle forming in her eye. He noticed the other members of his garrison turn their attention from him to Edward, who was still on the steps behind him.

"Ah, yes. Garila, this is Edward Wildeve. He will be joining us as a new member of the garrison," Adrynn said, gesturing to the cloaked Edward.

"Edward, this is my wife Garila," he said, gesturing to Garila, who he had an arm around. She smiled and nodded to Edward. "It's good to meet you, Edward Wildeve. I'm sure you'll get used to things around here soon enough, if you decide to stay, that is."

"Garila, could you get us something to eat, dear? There are some things Edward and I have to clear up before he officially becomes a member of the garrison," Adrynn said, smiling at Garila before heading over to a table in the corner, with a bottle of Shein and two cups waiting.

"Come, Edward. Sit. Let's discuss your future in House Redoran, shall we?" Adrynn said with a smile.

Edited by darkedge42392

Ancient Dwemer ruin, few kilometers south of Bal Isra

Anton has been exploring this ancient dwemer ruin for many days. The ancient ruin was partially underground and Anton suspected that it held a very important artifact. He was exploring the ruin lighted by still working lights. He was surprised to see them still on and suspected that the fortress had its own power. Yet it was not what he was looking for. He finally saw the big sealed door, for which he suspected would take months to open, however a simple spell was more than enough. Anton regained energy and went in. It was a length hallway and at the end was the artifact he was looking for. Anton was suspicious. Could Dwemers the wisest race of Nirn, leave such an artifact so easy to find. The door slam shut and he realized that it was a trap.

Edited by antonkr

Edward Wildeve, Indarys Manor, Bal Isra

Edward sat, looking at his surroundings cooly. He propped his sword sideways against the table and looked at it. "In response to your question from before, I would be much obliged if your smith could fashion me a scabbard, it has been a long time since this sword has seen one".

"Now, on to the other matters you raised, namely my future with house Redoran. What of it?"

Vivec Foreign Quarter, Vvardenfell, Morrowind

Mike basked in the sun, eating the comberries he'd picked by the bridge earlier. He enjoyed the warmth on his scales and the flavour of the berries in peace, until he fell off the railing he'd been lying on. He shivered when he hit the cold water, roaring in frustration and surprise, then swam until he reached land again. Maybe soon he'd find a Netch farm and create some chaos, unlocking slave bracers with his claws. Mike liked to do the right thing, and it was even better when he had a laugh at the expense of the hapless slave owners who'd neglected to repair their fences.

Adrynn glanced over the table at Edward. "As for the scabbard, I'll have Gilyne get to work on that soon," the Dunmer said, pouring a glass of Shein for himself and Edward, before sliding it over to the other man. "Now, as to your question. To join my garrison and household as a fully legal member, you must first join House Redoran. If you do so, you won't be able to join any other Great House of Morrowind, but you will gain a steady income, plenty of work, and more than enough new friends. Also, you will be joining one of the greatest Houses in Morrowind. We are warriors, powerful and deadly. Only the Ordinators have more military prowess then we of House Redoran."

Adrynn sat back in his chair and sipped his Shein, enjoying the bittersweet taste of the comberry wine. "I'm giving you this opportunity because I see something in you that I like, something that I can use. You are a warrior, one who has seen battle and has known what it is to take a man's life. I can use that in my garrison," Adrynn said, his sharp crimson eyes watching Edward's lean face. "What do you say?"

As the door slam shut Anton tried to find another way. In desperation he cast a destruction spell, something he is not very familiar with on the wall as he knew the door was even more dense. The wall did not seemed to even be partially affected Anton tried smashing the wall with his ancient durable Dwemer sword as the gas began filling the room. Anton realized he had no choice. He had a scroll left that gave him a short duration but a very powerful magical shield. Anton activated the spell and than threw a fire ball at the gas causing a big hot explosion which was enough pressure to smash the wall. Anton ran with all of what was left. He was very weary of casting so many spells, yet he ran. He knew that the ancient ruin would collapse very soon. He saw the exit, but one of the columns fell on his body as he exited. His armor could not protect against and he lay wounded, with many suspected bones broken. He knew about a nearby town and he knew to stay alive he had to get there.

Edward Wildeve, Indarys Manor, Bal Isra

Edward considered Adrynn's words carefully as a drank his shein. Certainly joining house Redoran has it's benefits but he knew it would limit his freedom of moving about easily and was a bit much to pay to attain some food. Edward finished and put his shein down. "This chance is certainly an honour and I thank you for it" he said carefully "but I prefer to work unofficially and out of the records, you don't happen to any alternative work that could accommodate my uh... problem do you?". He fiddled with his cup, head lowered but eyes up staring at Adrynn.

Adrynn's deep crimson eyes glanced over at the table at Edward. He sipped his shein as he ran the idea through his head. Hmm . . . Well, I could take him on as a personal hireling, but then I would get questions as to why he's not in House Redoran. Perhaps I could claim him as a bodyguard? No, no . . . I have plenty of those. Ah! I have it. A smile crossed Adrynn's lean face.

"Well, I think there is a way for you to still earn your dinner, and not be in House Redoran. There is a little loophole in the House Redoran charter on Vvardenfell. Each member who is in possession of a stronghold or manor, is allowed to hire out to those he/she deems worthy of employment. And guess what? I deem you worthy of employment. This means you will work exclusively for me, and me alone. You may stay here as long as you wish, and if you decide you desire to move on to greener pastures, then you are free to do so, but as long as you tell me. I don't think either of us would enjoy me hunting you down," Adrynn said, his lean face utterly serious.

He glanced up as Garila came to the small table and laid out two plates full of steaming scrib jelly, nix hound steaks, saltrice pudding, mashed kwama eggs, and a loaf of whickwheat bread. She smiled at Adrynn and then at Edward.

"Enjoy, you two. I made it mysefl," she said, giving a wink to Edward as she went behind the bar.

With a small shake of his head and a grin, Adrynn glanced back at Edward. "Well, think over what I said while we eat. I'm sure you can make a good decision on a full stomach," Adrynn said with a small smile as he tucked into his meal.

OOT>Sorry I've been gone so much lately my bad.

After leaving the silt strider port Kriak headed to the local armorer in Ald-Ruhn. The hairs on the back of his neck stood up slightly at all of the ancient crab, insect, whatever arthropidic creature husks that housed the abodes and businesses of the Redoran. The Armorer's hut was unnassuming like most denoted by a forge near a side door and a simple banner waving in front of the hut. Fortunately the Dunmer was outside tending a sword he was forging. Kriak adressed him, "Greetings there sirrah! I'm in search of some new armor and perhaps a few arrows."

The Dunmer wiped the sweat and soot from his brow after stoking the fire some, "Boy! Come here!" He called towards the hut and a youth came foreward, clearly his apprentice, "Do you see how this metal is white?" The boy nodded, "Make sure it stays that hot, it will start to yellow nea the edges, when that happens heap more fuel into the forge and stoke the flames with the bellows." Without waiting for affirmation the smith wiped his hands on his apron and replied to Kriak, "Welcome outlander, right this way..."

The smith's hut's wall was ligned with shelves filled with all manner of arms and armor. "You'll have to forgive me sirrah, we use most of our metal here for our weapons, most of my armor is chitin or bonemold."

"No matter," Kriak said, "I detest that wretched heavy platemail that seems so common elsewhere. Chitin is light, quiet and dependable but do you have something darker and perhaps supplemented by more leather or fabric though? I'm a hunter you see, silence and camoflauge are my greatest weapons."

The smith eyed him awhile as if gauging the truth of his words, he shrugged slightly as if satisfied with his explanation for discretion, "Aye, that they are. I believe I have the perfect thing for you sirrah. Just one moment." The smith left briefly for the lower part of the home and returned with a set of dark leather regailia. "A member of the Morag Tong once asked for this, he payed me so handsomely I could make a second set, it is ideal for the patient hunter-of beast or man. The leather blends well in the dark and is hardened and plated with dyed chitin in vital areas but it is completely silent when moving."

"Surely this must cost a fortune!" Kriak said, slightly exaggerating his tone.

"Alas sirrah, twas made many years ago, the hides are worn slightly and the Chitin's natural color is returning slowly but surely. It will still serve admirably though."

"Ah I see, quite unfortunate. Well, if it is in disrepair then I suppose I shall look elsewhere." Kriak said as he turned for the door.

"One moment sirrah!" The smith said quickly, panicking slightly at losing a customer who's purchase he'd almost already accounted for, "The armor can be yours for a very modest rate of...900 septims?" Kriak smirked then turned regaining his stalid expression

"900 septims? But motserrah you even said the armor was in poor condition surely it must not be worth more than 600 septims." Kriak said tactfully.

"But sirrah this armor is unique! There is only one other set in the world and it may even be decorating a corpse in some Morag Tong mausoleum!" The smith panicked more.

"Then clearly it cannot do its job well enough then. No? Mutserrah?"

A bead of sweat not from the forge appeared on the smith's brow, "Sirrah, armor cannot prevent poisoning. I shall make you a deal. 700 septms? It is an excellent price sirrah!"

"Very well, I still say it is too much but you must make a living I suppose." Kriak said then handed over the coin. The armor was perfect for his purposes even if careworn, it suited him well. It didn't make him invincble by any means but it suited his style, better to dodge an attack and not need the armor than be struck and have to pray it would hold.

Next Kriak payed an uninteresting visit to the market where he acquired a few loaves of whickwheat bread and other edibles for a brief journey before he would find new hunting grounds when a thought crossed his mind...

Kriak returned to where he saw the two men passing when he stepped from the Silt Strider port. He saw two sets of tracks and set off after them his eyes scanning everywhere for possible dangers and for wild game he could hunt. Hmmm, this could prove interesting, they seem familiar somehow...