Shadows of Darkest Soul (An Elder Scrolls RP)

darkedge42392

Adrynn Indarys, Fort Floodgate

"Adrynn Indarys, of House Redoran, at your service, Commander Lecuaro," Adrynn said, firmly shaking the Breton's hand. He had noticed the slight hesitation the other man had when he had seen Adrynn fully, but Adrynn shrugged it off as fatigue affecting Lecuaro.

Adrynn looped a thumb through his belt and rested his weight on one leg. "Well, Commander, I think you should show me what it is you wish for me to see, as Magnus is setting over the Inner Sea as we speak and it shall be night soon."

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Please, follow me." Lecuaro said as he turned and headed back toward the fort.

Lecuaro led the three battle mages and Adrynn through the southern yard and the labyrinthine interior of the fort, passing through storerooms, weapons rooms, a forge, and the kitchen. For a bit, it seemed as if sleep deprivation was steering the Breton aimlessly around the fort, but then he stopped in the middle of one hallway.

"Sorinyarie, check that corner down there." He said, pointing to from where they just came as he went down and looked around the other corner. "Ser Indarys, please stay there."

"All clear, sir." Sorinyarie said, returning to the group.

"Good." Lecuaro said as he walked back to the others. "Now, Ser Indarys," He said as he reached up and pulled one of the torches down. "You are about to see something that you must not tell to anyone other than your master, Athyn Sarethi. I know he's the one that sent you and I need is cooperation. Understand?"

Edited by SoulofChrysamere

Adrynn Indarys, Fort Floodgate

Adrynn's reflections of the state of the place were washed away and replaced by curiosity as Lecuaro led him and the three Battlemages deep into the fort. He nodded to himself as Lecuaro spoke to him.

"Completely, Commander. Nothing that happens tonight will pass from my lips to anyone except my Archmaster," Adrynn said, his thoughts and will turning toward this moment, wondering what could possibly be so important that this Legion Commander needed the help of a Redoran. He unconsciously rested his left hand on the pommel of his Daedric Katana and his right on the dagger at his hip.

"Go ahead and show me what is is you need me to see."

"Follow me." Lecuaro said, entering the hallway. "Sorinyarie, shut the door behind us."

The quintet walked down a dimly-lit hallway with earthen walls and a slight chill. Then, the floor became stairs as they descended into the ground. Eventually, the floor leveled out again at a corner. They rounded the corner and came upon a large door with the symbol of the Blades on it.

"Ser Indarys," Lecuaro said with a smile, "Welcome to the Southern Ashlands Chapter of the Blades."

Lecuaro opened the door and revealed a large room filled with people of all races performing a variety of tasks such as packaging weapons, organizing boxes and barrels, sorting food and alchemy ingredients, and managing records.

Adrynn Indarys, Under Fort Floodgate

Adrynn looked on in complete shock. He had never expected the Blades to have such a large membership and be situated so close to his own settlement. He had only heard rumors about them, that they were spies for the Empire, and were the eyes and ears of Uriel Septim in Morrowind. He remembered the drama a couple of years ago when it was discovered that the Nerevarine was a Blade. Adrynn's hand tightened on his katana as his instinctive Dunmeri distrust of outsiders took over for a brief second and rage flashed through his mind in a blaze of red. But it passed as quickly as it came as Adrynn took one long deep breath to clear his mind. He glanced at Lecuaro and only smirked, his eyes flashing in the torchlight.

"This is indeed a surprise, Commander. I never thought that the Blades of all factions would be what I would find in my trip here. In fact, I had no clue what I would be finding here. You are a mystery to me, sera, but one that I will soon figure out. I like to know more than others would like for me to. Some say it is a curse, others, like yourself will probably say, is a blessing. I am sure we will soon learn which."

Adrynn stepped into the room, his eyes scanning the crates of supplies and the various people going on about their business. The observation that he was the odd man out dressed in his Gah-Julan Bonemold armor while everyone else was in Imperial clothing only passed briefly across his mind. He turned around and stared intently at Lecuaro, his brow tensing as his sharp crimson eyes rolled over the tall Breton.

"Is this the only surprise you have in store for me, Commander?"

"Sera," Lecuaro said with a slightly maniacal laugh, "this is only the beginning."

"Sorinyarie, you and your friends know what you need to do, so get to it." Lecuaro said. The three mages obeyed and hurried off. "Now then, Ser Indarys, if you'll follow me down this hallway right here..." he said, motioning to a small passage to the left.

The pair went down the dark passage until they came to a wall. Lecuaro pressed a certain stone block that receded and unlocked the concealed door. As it swung open, the bodies of the Ashlanders lay before Adrynn's eyes. "You missed quite a party earlier today, sera."

Adrynn Indarys, Outside Fort Floodgate

Adrynn's eyes swept over the fallen bodies of the Ashlanders. Stepping gingerly over the haphazardly strewn bodies, the Redoran made his way into the foyoda. He knelt to the ground, taking a small pile of the blood-stained ash that lay there into his hand and casting it into the winds.

"Azura, may your shining hands guide the spirits of these fallen brethren to their final resting place," Adrynn prayed softly as the ash went with the wind. Turning back to Lecuaro, Adrynn's face held his sadness and also his curiosity.

"Tell me everything."

Lecuaro looked at Adrynn, seeing the obvious grief for his fallen fellow Dark Elves. He took a deep breath.

"Believe me, I don't like having to kill people. It saddens me that such bloodshed takes place on a regular basis. As you probably know, this fort was constructed here to act as a foothold for the Imperial forces in holding back the rebel Ashlanders. Up until today, we've never had to do anything more than scare off small bands and rabbles of them that come to pester the fort. Today, however, they attacked en masse. You can easily estimate a few hundred corpses here, there were still a lot of them when they retreated, so I'd wager it was over a thousand man force, much larger than any army we would have thought them capable of assembling. They attacked early in the morning and they unleashed some rather terrifying magic."

Lecuaro paused for a moment and pointed up to the large gash in the wall up above. "See that? That used to be part of the wall until a group of Ashlander war wizards hurled a big fireball at it. We eventually pushed them back with the help of the battlemages and a catapult that my engineer built."

Lecuaro turned to face Adrynn directly. "The 'official' reason I requested your visit was to ask for a joint operation in holding back these Ashlanders. The real reason, however, is that my superior has been assembling a crack team of agents for a special mission. I mentioned that I might know a Redoran in Ald-ruhn that could be a good addition to the team. I was frank with Archmaster Sarethi and I requested you specifically because my superior is still looking for a few people that are capable fighters and I have heard of your exploits. After several letters between us, he consented to allowing me to ask you this next question."

Lecuaro cleared his throat and tried to maintain his nerve. "Would you join this team?"

**Starts the Mission Impossible theme.** Time for some...equipment.

Mini Character: Sorinyarie - The Blades Safehouse

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorinyarie wove through the crowd of people and items toward where a short, plump Bosmer man was standing. When she reached him, she saw him fiddling with some type of Dwemer device and muttering curses. She tapped him on the shoulder, which startled him. The creature jumped and turned around. It took a second for his eyes to follow the dark blue robe up to the battlemage's face, but they lit up once they did.

"Sorin!" the little Wood Elf exclaimed as he set the Dwarven contraption on a table and hugged Sorinyarie around the middle.

"Hello, Marthir." She replied as she embraced him.

Marthir released his grasp and stepped back. "So, what can this old Bosmer do for you?" He said, stroking his long white beard.

"Do you have Commander Marczon's special tool fixed yet?" She asked.

"Oh, yes! It's right here." Marthir answered. He opened a small blue chest underneath a table and withdrew a bar of Dwarven material. He handed it to Sorinyarie, who pressed a button on one end that caused the other end to become white with heat. "Everything works fine now." Marthir added.

"Thank you, Marthir." Sorinyarie said. "I'll be sure to give it to him when I see him."

"Now then, to go sort through the newly arrived enchanted stuff." She thought to herself as she left Marthir with his Dwarven trinket.

==========================================================================================================================================

Mini Character: Broldimir - The Blades Safehouse

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Broldimir accosted a small, lean Redguard girl that was busy organizing swords inside a box. He purposely kicked the crate a bit to get her attention. Her startled face looked up and saw the blonde, brown-robed man standing there with a mischievous grin on his face.

"Oh, Broldi, it's you." She said.

"Yep, and my foot too." He replied

The woman put her hands on her hips and tried to look mad, but she ended up laughing. "You'd think a mage such as yourself would be able to find a more polite way to get someone's attention." She jested.

"Carine, I don't care how civilized you try to make a Nord, he or she is never completely un-Nord-ified." Broldimir gawked.

"So I see. Well, are you here about that special item?"

"Yes. Did that blob of a requisitions officer down in Ebonheart finally put the candy bowl down and send it?"

Carine snickered. "Yes. She said. She turned around and took a small pouch out of a rusty metal boot. "Here you are." She said as she handed him the pouch.

Broldimir poured a few of the small pellets that filled the pouch into his hand, looked at them for a moment, and then rolled them back in. "Thanks, Carine." He said as he pocketed the bag and walked away.

==========================================================================================================================================

Mini Character: Enmirc Dugave - The Blades Safehouse

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Enmirc dodged the scurrying people and came to a portion of wall that looked as if ready to crumble. He lightly tapped three specific cracks with his hand and watched them sink into the blocks. He then passed through a curtain to the left and faced the backside of the same wall in the barren room beyond. He grasped the torch on the wall and yanked upwards. The torch came reluctantly, but it came.

Enmirc then located a small hole under the torch holder that was shaped like a star. He inserted the bottom of the torch, which was also star-shaped, into the hole and turned it. There was the distinct clicking of tumblers. He restored the torch to its holder.

Enmirc crouched down and pushed against th wall. A hidden door swung open, revealing a small nook with a chest. On top of the chest was a note. He took it and read it. "From Elsweyr with love - Ahurbhi." He smirked and tossed the note aside as he undid the latch on the chest. When he opened the lid, he saw a pile of what looked like dagger scabbards. However, there was no opening into which to put the blade. Nonetheless, he pulled a sack from inside his robe and began filling it with them.

After he emptied the chest, Enmirc put the sack back inside his robe and resealed the cubbyhole. He then exited the room.

Adrynn Indarys, Foyoda outside Fort Floodgate

Adrynn's mind overturned this new development slowly and carefully. He turned away from Lecuaro and made his way deeper into the foyoda, stepping carefully over bodies as he went. When he reached the broken body of what appeared to be an Ashkhan, Adrynn kneeled down and plucked the amulet from around the fallen Dunmer's neck. It was a curved tooth, a rather large and strange one, with the tip capped in what appeared to be bronze, but could also be a Dwemeri alloy as well. Adrynn ran the tooth through his long fingers, feeling the serrations along the back edge and noticing the runes carved into the side. Sliding the leather thong around his neck, Adrynn pulled the arrows out of the Ashkhan's chest and lay them beside him. Adrynn laid the hands of the Ashkhan over his now still heart, one on top of the other, then stood up slowly.

"Lecuaro, I cannot possibly answer your question tonight. I will have to think it over and pray to my gods to see if it is something I should do," Adrynn said, turning back toward the Legion Commander and making his way toward him. "I myself have a garrison of men to run, and I will have to make many plans if I am to go with you. I just cannot disappear for any length of time without notice."

Adrynn got to the Breton, his crimson eyes flashing in the dying light. "Go get some men. We have bodies to burn."