Shadows of Darkest Soul (An Elder Scrolls RP)

darkedge42392

Adrynn Indarys, Outside Fort Floodgate

Footsteps approaching him snapped Adrynn's attention to the shadows around the dying fire as a large and shadowy figure appeared out of them and made it's way toward the Redoran and Breton. Adrynn's Daedric blade was out of his sheath before he could think properly, his mind still fatigued from his efforts in burning the Ashlander corpses.

"Greetings, seras," came the reply from the shadows, setting the hairs on Adrynn's neck on end. The voice wasn't hostile, nor threatening in any way, but the thought of someone this large getting this close to him before he could notice it didn't set well with the Redoran.

Lowering his blade slightly, Adrynn boldly walked forward toward where the stranger stood, a fireball enveloping his left hand and casting flickering light around the foyoda. In the light of his magick, Adrynn realized that he only barely stood up to this man's shoulder. Glancing up, he was shocked to find another being with the same dark crimson tint of eye color that he himself had. Standing within blade's reach of this large being, Adrynn's harsh Dunmer voice left his lips.

"Who are you, sera? And why are you here?

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The large man was now looking in Lecuaro's direction. Lecuaro had unshouldered his bow, and nocked and drawn back an arrow with inhuman speed and was aiming the silver-tipped projectile straight at the Dunmeri-looking person's head. The Breton repeated Adrynn's question in paraphrase.

"What are you doing here?" He barked.

The large man was ever so slightly shorter than the fort commander in terms of height, but he was far heftier and beefier. He looked like he could rip a pole in half if angered enough.

Edited by SoulofChrysamere

After the deaths of his parents and his siblings a young lad by the name of Reinen decided that there was little to no future left for him in the province of Cyrodiil and after days of thought Reinen decided to sell his parents homestead and set out on his own in an attempt to make a future for himself rather than living off the noble name of his family. The mere thought of being pitied and looked down on by the other nobles every day for the rest of his life was an appauling thought. After a few months of preperation the end the house sold fast and Reinen exited the gates of the Imperial city for the last time, never willing to want to enter there again. With a last thought of melencholy Reinen set his route past Cheydenhal and planned to traverse there for a last time before leaving the province.

Carrying nothing with him but his armor, the septimes he aquired from the house, his sword and a sling-like bag that he wore over his shoulder, and at this time not even a horse in tow.

Reinen used his own two feet to make it up tp Cheydenhal, pausing momentarily at the site of his family's demise to examine some horse bones that had been left relitavely untouched from that incident. The visit diddnt last long however as a surge of still fresh memories urged him on.

Soon after he arrived at the gates of Cheydenhal. Reinen gased up blankly at the gates with his almost emotionless eyes for quite some time, not really wanting to set foot into he city deciding that he would much rather leave it as it was in his memories than gain a new perspective to his favorite city. Quietly Reinen took a tentative step forward and touched the great wooden gate with an armored hand, the texture of the wood seeping through the supple leather that made up the underside of his glove. As he let his hand slip down its expance andslump to his side he turned his back to the gate and began to walk again, aiming to walk around the city. It was then that he was recognised by one of the stable-hands.

"Blake!" the woman with messy brown short-cropped hair called out to him as she joged to catch up. Her extrodinarily small frame suggesting that she was a wood elf. As she reached him she stopped and adapted a slightly sorrowful expression. "Im... sorry for what happned."

Not really in the mood to talk Reinen mearly nodded his apreciation for the thought, his body language clearly suggesting that he was eager to get on his way.

The girl picked up on this and sidestepped so she stood in front of him. "I heard word... that you were leaving." she said more as a statement than a question. She let out a forced sigh and averted ger gaze from his eyes, "If you really insist on leaving then... At least take the proper means to get to your destination." she looked back with a slightly sheepish smile as she motioned for him to wait a moment. She returned shortly with a bespeckled grey and placed the reins gently in his hands.

Reinen looked at the horse for a moment and then back to the girl. "Thank you." he said quietly, his voice of a soft warm tone and a medium pitch.

After a moment of standing there tears welled up in the elf's eyes and she lunged forward and wrapped her arms around him. "You better damn well come back or by the nine i'll drag you back myself." she said in a still audiable murnor.

A slight smile crossed his face, after a slight hesitation he returned her embrace. "One day perhaps Shinla...." was the last thing he said to her before he mounted his horse and spurred it on, speeding off towards the morrowind boarder.

--

It was after a few days of constant travel that Reinen ended up on the edge of the mainland, looking out across the waters towards Vvardenfell. The land and the people were strange and different from what he had seen before, about teh only thing that he had expected was the rise in Dunmer but that was it. Aside from the lands strangeness to him however he felt compelled to continue forward, sencing that he was not at the place that he was yet ment to be. After ahwile Reinen dismounted his horse and moved towards a small isolated fishing village that he had spotted ahwile off. As he neared the village he flicked his cloak forward and did the same with his hood, even as he did so Reinen tilted his head forward so that even less of his face was visible aside from his mouth, his neck and a few strey strands of dark silver hair that peaked round the nape of his neck at either side.

Rein in the one hand and the other set on the hilt of his blade at his waist Reinen entered the village, unsure of what the reaction of the residents may be, nor the attitude that they showed outsiders. Since he entered the province Reinen had found yjat he tended to shy away from people and preferred to travel a more isolated route.

The sound of his armor clinking ever so slightly and the hooves of his horses feet clodding lightly on the stoney street was the only sound to be hered as the few residents that did reside in the small village stopped their usual goings on to watch the stranger. Reinen felt this and was nearly overwhelmed by the urge to leave the village and seek another way aross the waters but this he thought to be the best route to take and so he carried on. In the now mute lighting Reinen looked as pale as a vampire, even moreso than he did in the day as he was of an unusually light skintone.

Reinen stopped instinctavely when he heared the indistinguishable sound of a blade being drawn from a sheath. As he spun round he was met by the look of an angered civilian who had rushed his blade at Reinen. Acting instinctvely Reinen sidestepped the attack and drew his hunting knife before making a quickstep forward, jamming the hilt of the knife onto the hand of his opressor, forcing him to drop the blade. Using the confusion to his advantage he used a move that was taught to him by one of his fathers sparring partners. Reinen changed his stance and sweeped his foot under that of his opressor, unbalancing him and sending the in-experienced civilian to the ground. On the fall however he flailed out with his hand and pulled off Reinen's hood before he hit the ground with a dull thud.

"Its unessisarry to start a fight with someone who came only to trade." Reinen said in his usual quiet tone.

The civilian, who Reinen now took to be another Imperial rubbed the back of his head that had hit the stoney street. "Got yourself a quick hand there boy." he said as he wearily got to his feet and dusted himself off. "Sorry but people round here don't take too kindly to outsiders." the tone was neutral but Reinen could sence the bittrness and bite hidden therein.

"I still don't qiute see the point if i mean no harm." Reinen retorted, stowing his blade.

"Yea? and how the 'ell was i supposed to know that eh? A stranger walking into the town uner the cover of darkness wearing a cloak baring a sword and fully armored. Don't that sound a bit mennacing to you?" again the same tone was used, this urked Reinen slightly but he decided not to let it show in his answer. "I suppose. Well then i suggest you allow me to do my buisness and i'll be on my way leaving you all no worce for ware." he paused. "Although i diddn't suspect such hostility from another Imperial."

"Bah youre a fool if you ever thought that just because im of your race means that im going to be your friend. Fine, get what you need and get your ass out of here, threres a general store down the way."

Reinen stopped the man from walking away just yet with another of his questions. "I also need passage over the river if thats possible to arrange? I'll pay well."

The man shook his head "Fine whatever take the boat at the end, i don't give a damn as it is just leave." with that the man hurried off "Friendly people...." Reinen said quietly to himself as he rolled his eyes before going to purchase some supplies and heading over to the boat that the man had mentioned. Only to find that it was incredibly small and only suited for a single person. Reinen looked over at the horse that he held to his side. Not wanting to rid himself of it Reinen let out a sigh as he made a plan to swim it across, only hoping that it wasn't too strenious for the horse.

So he set off on the river, setting a good pace so the horse wouldnt get tyred over easily and at the same time ensuring that they would eventually reach the other side before it drowned. The trip went on ahwile and at times thought the horse dissappered under the waters, but to his amazement seemed as if he was going to make it. Soon before landing however the boat made of old wood and the like gave way and split, forcing Reinen into the waters. Although not far from the land his arnor was heavy and dragged him down, making him struggle just to stay relitavely above teh surface, let alone make any progress. Getting tyred quickly Reinen did what little he could do and grabbed hold of the horses neck and miraculosly the horse pulled them out from the waters and out onto the land. His armor soaked and most of his energy spent reinen fell on his back on the ground and rested a moment chucking to himself as he considered his luck, or lack thereof.

With little other choice Reinen did what he could to make an impromptu campsite along the river, eventually managing to light and get the fire going before slippig out of his armor and setting it closeby so that it could dry before wrapping his cloak around him. As it was of a much lighter fabric it dried easily and kept him at a good temperature.

Sitting hiddle by the fire Reinen glanced over at the horse that had lay itself on a softer patch nearby in order to rest. "Good idea" he said with a slight sarcastic smile as he stared into the small campfire before letting out a sigh, "Guess i should wait here for now...." he said quietly to himself probably about sunrise he thought, continuing his statement. With that Reinen rested his back against a nearby rock and kept his sword nearby before closing his eyes into a light sleep. Knowing that letting his guard down in a strange and unfermiliar land was a bad idea.

Sir Vivor in Balmora 13th of Loredas

As Sir Vivor finally broke the barrel open, he found himself in Balmora beign confused as ever he walked towards the tavern. his companion beign missing his sence of time ruined.

After entering the tavern he saw a bunch of familiar looking dunmer at a table, as he walked by he nodded and sat at a empty table near the fire.

Suddenly the familiar looking dunmers joined, him at the table and started to talk about a revolution going on in the capital city.

As they spoke it became dark and weird noises could be heard, and as soon as the noice started the bartender and the guards locked all enterances.

And took up defensive positions, as confused as Sir vivor was he grabbed his sword gave the dunmer some spare weapons and joined the guards in defensive position.

as soon as the moon shined bright onto the street, the citizens transformed into feral beasts and howled at the moon.

As they stood there shivering in fear, one of the beasts broke a window and tried to get inside as the guard enarby kept stabbing his sword through the beast.

As the beast clawed the sword away and the guard stepped back, i rushed forward to piecre the beasts skull in a single thrust.

One of the guards yelled: these bloody wolves since the old temple opened they keep apeparing from everywhere.

And then it became dawn and sir vivor and, the people in the tavern went outside to find the city damaged and some citizens dead.

Edited by Windfireknight

Garila Indarys, Indarys Manor, Bal Isra

Garila came down the steps from the lobby into the dining room, nodding to the few members who still sleepily sat at the bar or in the far corners, whispering softly. With a large stack of folded clothes in her arms, Garila pushed open the door to the sleeping rooms with her hip and made her way through the rooms, laying out clothes to those they belonged to. When she came to a door that was ajar, she cocked her head in puzzlement. Stepping inside, she saw a bright flash of steel on the bed and realized this was the room that Edward had used to rest in. Setting the few clothes she had left on the dresser, she glanced around, wondering where he might have gotten off to so late.

Retracing her steps to the dining room, she now noticed that the door to the pantry was open and stepped inside. Noticing Edward standing there dumbfounded at all the strange food, she grinned a bit before knocking softly on the door.

"Well Edward, if you needed something to eat, you should have come and found me," she said with a smile.

Edward Wildeve, Indarys Manor, Bal Isra

"Ah yes, I'm sorry..." said Edward getting up "If it's not too much trouble, I would very much like some food".

Garila Indarys, Indarys Manor, Bal Isra

Garila smiled and started to pull wrapped nix hound steaks, jars of scrib jelly, a loaf of whickweat bread, and covered bowls of saltrice. She smiled again at Edward and stepped into the dining room, behind the bar where the stove sat.

"Come on in here and have a seat, Edward. No point in just standing around waiting," Garila said and beckoned with a hand. She lit the fire in the stove and waited for it to heat up while she mixed up a bowl of saltrice pudding. After she had that done, she felt the heat from the stove and threw on a couple of nix hound steaks, grinning at the sound of the sizzling meat.

"So, Edward . . . What brings you to Morrowind?" she said, leaning against the bar counter.

Velanya Therys, Foyada Mamaea

Velanya Therys followed the Foyada Mamaea northward, her silver boots kicking up ash in small drifts as she went. She breathed in the fresh air and sighed. The night was still; no breeze rustled through the scathecraw. The sky above was cloudless, dazzling with stars. Best of all, there were no cliff racers in sight.

No cliff racers.

She stopped abruptly. Never in her thirty three years on Vvardenfell had the Foyada Mamaea ever been clear of cliff racers.

She stiffened, her hand slowly moving to the hilt of the ebony longsword at her side. Her burgundy eyes scanned the landscape, her gaze falling upon every ash column and cairn.

An arrow suddenly streaked by her face, missing her by inches. She drew her sword as she glimpsed her attacker: an archer in full chitin, partially hidden by an ash column to her left. She snarled in anger and charged.

Three more chitin-clad warriors suddenly leapt from behind a boulder near the archer.

By the Nine...

Edited by AurianaValoria1

Lost (On the way to Balmora)

Despite his better judgements Reinen had drifted off to sleep, his hand losening its grip on the hilt of his sword, his body relaxing itself, his other hand slipped lightly to his side. He had no idea how many hours went past but by the time he woke the sun had already risen and the heat of the day had started to set in.

Reinen woke up with a start as he realised just how badly he had let his guard down before letting out a sigh of relief that nothing had happened while he slept. After hazarding a look around Reinen slipped into his now dry armor before affixing his cloak to the back. Soon after this Reinen picked up his sword and placed it at his side as usual before saddeling up the horse. As he fixed the stirrups he glanced off almost absent-mindedly into the distance. "where am i going" he wondered to himself. The question he was so sure of the day before was now a perplexing conundrum that he had to solve.

With this small bit done Reinen lifted himself onto the horse and pointed it inland before spurring it on unknowingly in the general direction of Balmora, secretly hoping that he would bunp into someone that would give him a small sence of direction in the place that he knew virtually nothing about.

Kriak

"My name is Kriak, woodsman and hunter, as for why I'm here, mere curiosity. I've spent the past...hmmm decade I suppose, time flies-near Vivec hunting the lands but the man whom I sell my hides and ingredients to recently decided to make an ass of himself and so I've relocated to these parts, earlier today-err yesterday as it were by the progress of the moon. I was in Ald-Ruhn when I saw you-" Kriak gestured to Adrynn, "And another man leaving the city. I purchased this armor as a simple jerkin may not suffice in the ashlands and decided to follow your tracks to see if I could find anything of interest, or a possible job. It will take months before I familiarize myself with the best hunting grounds near Ald-Ruhn and I'll exhaust all of my coin in procuring supplies to last those months before I am able to live of the land as effectively as I'd like." Kriak's words had a natural flow, the mark of one gifted with charisma and speech however within himself he itched like mad and his skin crawled, he detested conversation enough as it was let alone in the midst of numerous strangers. Kriak waved his arm to the pire and the damaged wall, "It appears you've had quite the fight on your hands recently, perhaps therein lies an opportunity for me. I'm fluent in all the tongues of Vvardenfell and all but perhaps one or two of mainland Morrowind. I could serve as a liason between you and the tribes or use my skill with a bow and stealth to assist you. The choice is yours of course. If there is nothing at these forts for me I still have the landscape to eak my living out upon." Kriak was torn over the choice as well, though he did not show it he secretly lusted for some real work rather than his humble hunter-gatherer lifestyle and yet there was a back-to-nature nostalgyia to his ways and there is immense beauty in simplicity, kill or be killed was about as simple as it got, no factions vieing for power, no hidden meanings or implications just who was having dinner and who was dinner. Regardless of the mens' decision it would be bittersweet for Kriak.