Shadows of Darkest Soul (An Elder Scrolls RP)

darkedge42392

Faeryn Sethandas, Molag Mar

Faeryn and Ivela found themselves in the middle of a hectic battle. The slaves in the market had long vanished, their master having been slain along with several pilgrims. Ivela jumped behind one of the slave pens and used its solid iron side as cover while she knocked her arrows. Normally, the archeress would have had no problems, even in as dire a situation as this, but the bound armor of the cultists made it almost impossible to slay them in one shot. Their only vulnerability was their cowled heads...and a headshot was hard to accomplish on a rapidly moving target.

The Hand of Vivec fearlessly pressed into the middle of the remaining cultists, determined to end this here and now. Five of them had surrounded him, all of them melee warriors, slashing at him with bound weapons. Faeryn was a golden fury in their midst, whirling this way and that in a deadly dance that the other Ordinators could only hope to learn someday. His scimitar cleanly removed the head of one, whilst a whistling arrow from Ivela dispatched another. Maces and swords collided with his pauldrons and breastplate, but Faeryn remained undaunted, finding the weak joint in the armpit of one cultist and slicing the limb from the body. As he quickly died of blood loss, Ivela took out one of his comrades with another headshot, right between the eyes.

The last cultist hissed, "You have not won this day! Lord Dagon will walk this earth, and it matters not what you do to try and stop him! He is the unstoppable!"

"I suppose it's too much to ask for you to die quietly?" Faeryn retorted.

Ivela had run out of arrows. All she could do was watch as the warriors circled each other like hawks. The cultist was a towering hulk of a man...likely a Nord. Though he stood a good two feet taller than Faeryn, it was the latter of the two who appeared far more intimidating. The ebony scimitar flashed with a deadly gleam, Faeryn's ruby eyes glowing like embers behind his mask. He had been hit several times, blood trickling from a two gashes in his golden breastplate - one on his chest, the other on his left side. He did not seem to feel the wounds, however, standing unflinchingly in the face of his foe. Ivela smiled behind her helm...it was what everyone admired him for: his undying courage, even in the face of death.

The cultist lunged, his warhammer coming down impossibly fast. Faeryn dodged and sideswiped at the cultist's breastplate, slicing through the gap between the two pieces of the cuirass. Blood dampened the cultist's skirt, and he took in his breath sharply.

"What's the matter?" Faeryn growled, "Can't stand a little scratch?"

The cultist whirled in a deadly sideways arc, hammer headed straight for the Ordinator's head. Faeryn ducked, the weapon whistling as it passed over, then slammed the hilt of his scimitar into the cultist's hands. The cultist overbalanced and dropped his hammer, which Faeryn quickly kicked out of reach. In one fluid movement, the scimitar came down and severed the last cultist's head from his body.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adrynn Indarys, Molag Mar

Adrynn heard the dying screams of many cultists around him, but he kept his attention on the one in front of him. He was smaller than most, likely a Bosmer, and extremely fast. His twin Bound Swords had proven to be a bit more of a challenge than expected, but Adrynn stayed where he was, planted firmly in front of the door to the Redoran Outpost. He gripped his sword tightly in one hand and held it diagonally across himself, his off hand crackling with electricity. This cultist had been quiet, forgoing the usual taunts and threats for blinding attacks, aimed at taking Adrynn out. But the Redoran had deflected or dodged the attacks, delivering a few of his own, his blade trailing with dark rich blood. The cultist lunged at him again, swinging his blades in a scissoring motion. Adrynn stepped back before pressing forward off of his back foot, his katana catching between the twin swords. The cultist cocked his head to the side at such a rookie move and savagely twisted his blades, tearing Adrynn's katana from his hand. That is when the Redoran moved in. As soon as he felt the handle of his katana leave his fingers, he sharply jabbed with his left hand, driving his lightning wreathed fist into the cultists mask, staggering him. Then he released the pent up magick and lightning exploded from his hand. The loud boom from the blast was followed by a wet thud as the charred upper torso of the cultist hit the wall, spraying thick dark blood all over the weathered Velothi canton. The cultists head was missing entirely. Adrynn was sure the cultist had felt no pain from his death. He scooped up his sword and sheathed it.

"Faeryn, it's good to see you again," Adrynn said, nodding to the violet scarfed Ordinator. The Redoran did a quick scan of the area. Ulfgar had disappeared earlier into the fray, and Adrynn knew not where he had gone. He nodded to Kriak and the other Ordinators that finally realized the battle was over. Lecuaro appeared up the ramp, and Adrynn nodded to him as well.

"Well this is a mess," he said, motioning to the clumps of crimson cloth here and there along the canton plaza. "Where did they come from, you think? No matter. Come, I need to see how everyone inside fairs," he said before turning on his heel and disappearing into the Outpost.

Garila Indarys, Molag Mar, Redoran Outpost

Garila covered her gaping mouth with a hand. She turned away from the marking on Ayra's back and looked at Caius. Her wide eyes were screaming, but her face relaxed as she realized what she had seen must not be shared. She spun back around and laid a few shirts she saw on the wound, tryin to soak up the blood and covering Ayra's back at the same time. She rested her bloodied hands against the side of the table and took a deep breath.

Mephala's marks on an Assassin? Is she Morag Tong?

OOC: Sorry for the long time without posting, I was super busy for the holidays. But now I say it's time to keep this thing rolling, so lets just get to it ;)

Ulfgar, Molar Mar

Ulfgar was busy trying to lead as many cultists as he could away from the Redoran Outpost; it was imperative that none make into the building, or everything would be lost. Luckily for him, three cultists followed, and after a long grueling battle, he dispatched all of them. He had just made his way back up the Canton when he saw two new faces, Ordinators from the looks of them, though they looked different than the usual Ordinators that he'd seen patrolling Vivec and Molag Mar. He looked around and saw that the battle must have just ended mere seconds ago. He looked over at Adrynn, and nodded.

"Well, looks like I missed out on all the fun," he said with a smile, "still, it's good to see that atleast this is all taken care of."

He frowned as he looked around once more. There were other Ordinators that had come out to help during the battle, and they'd want explanations. Ulfgar shook his head; talking was not his forte at all, he'd let someone else explain what was going on. Considering he barely understood what was going on at this point anyways, he figured it was better this way.

Ayra, Redoran Outpost

Ayra could feel immense pain running down her back. It was excruciating, she could barely move, and could hardly think. With great effort, she tried to move her head and opened a bleary eye to see where she was. She was in a well lit room, and there seemed to be a Dunmer standing over her. Atleast she thought so, but she couldn't really make out who it was for certain, and it was taking up all her will power just to stay awake.

"Where....where's Ulfgar...?" She said in a strained voice.

Caius Cosades and Velanya Therys, Molag Mar, Redoran Outpost

The Spymaster had not failed to catch Garila's expression and her hurried cover-up of Ayra's back. He would make certain to ask about it later. For now, he moved to kneel beside Velanya.

"You alright?" he asked gently, tilting her face up.

She nodded groggily and tried to stand, "I...healed Kriak and...overextended myself is all. I'll be..." she stopped as she nearly fell over.

Caius caught her, "Not so fine. That'll be you and half of Molag Mar by now. It's a slaughterfest out there."

Faeryn Sethandas, Molag Mar

The Ordinator nodded to Adrynn, then gestured to Ivela, "Watch over our comrades in the Temple. I'll return shortly."

The archeress dipped her head in reply whilst Faeryn followed the Redoran into the outpost.

Adrynn Indarys, Redoran Outpost, Molag Mar

Adrynn moved through the outpost with a purpose. He was furious. No, he was beyond fury to a state where he was utterly calm. It was terrifying. He said not a word to Hakar or Elvas as he passed them. He went straight down the stairs to the Nerevarine's cell, stepping over the crumpled forms of dead Mythic Dawn cultists. He inserted the key, unlocked the door, and ripped it open. He saw the Incarnate snaps his head up, snarl savagely, and sprint for the Redoran. Adrynn was done playing games. He stepped forward and with one savage uppercut, knocked the Incarnate unconscious. It was becoming a regular thing between them. He scooped up the Nerevarine's still bound form, tossed him over a shoulder, and stepped out. He looked at Caius, Velanya, and saw Garila with the huddled form of Ayra on a table close by. He glanced back to the Spymaster just as Faeryn descended the stairs.

"If you are going with me to Azura's Shrine, then gather what you need and get ready. We are leaving. Now."

"Adrynn, what of me?" Garila asked from the room beyond. He could see the worry on her face.

"Stay here, tend to the wounded and the dead. I'll be back within a day," he said, before turning on his heel and walking up the stairs and out of the Outpost.

Garila sighed. She knew how stubborn he could be when he got like this. She let him go, knowing it would be easier if she didn't protest. She glanced back down and saw a pair of pain filled blue eyes. Ayra was awake! Her question repeated in Garila's mind.

"I'm sure he's ok. The question is how are you?"

Velanya Therys, Caius Cosades, and Faeryn Sethandas, Molag Mar Redoran Outpost

Velanya started when she saw Faeryn, her eyes widening as she caught a glimpse of blood trickling slowly from gouges in his Indoril armor. She ran forward to embrace him, "Faeryn! I thought you were in Vivec? What happen-"

"There's no time to talk," he said quickly, "and don't worry about me. Suffice it to say, the Archcanon is missing."

Caius's face was grim, "Well isn't that a fine bit of luck? Sala's got full control of the Ordinators now, doesn't he?"

"That's the least of our worries," Faeryn answered shortly, "I caught wind on the way here that Ghostgate was attacked not long after we left Fort Floodgate."

"Dammit!" the Spymaster cursed, "This is getting out of control!"

"Then let's get to the shrine before something else happens," Velanya replied, following her cousin.

Kriak, Molag Mar

After the battle, Kriak followed Adrynn to the fort. His companion's intense state of rage was quite intense it would have intimidated even the huntsman had he been the one it was directed towards. Adrynn was an immensely capable warrior to begin with, let alone when he was in a state like this and Kriak was utterly unsurprised when the Redoran knocked the Nerevarine unconscious. Neither his friend's abilities, nor his feelings towards the incarnate were that shocking. Kriak was a little disappointed though, he had been wanting to do the same thing for almost the entire trip, he hoped he'd get at least one opportunity.

When Adrynn began to walk out Kriak followed closely, gathering his gear from his pocket dimensions while he did so. Except of course the Dirges, those were a bit messy to get out and he only used them in the direst of circumstances.

"I'm ready whenever you are Adrynn, the sooner we get out of the city the better. These people are in more and more danger the longer the Nerevarine is here. And our prospects of leaving get worse by the minute." Kriak said. He had been gauging the situation intently, he could only conclude that a larger force would be arriving in Molag Mar soon if the Nerevarine wasn't removed. The companions had dealt with the last wave easily enough but they had had a lot of help, most of which were wounded or incapacitated now. The city itself wasn't in great shape afterwards. A surprise attack will do that.

Ayra, Redoran Outpost

Ayra could feel the sharp pain running down her back as she used what little strength she had to sit up. She looked at the Dunmer woman who had been watching over her, and managed to respond with great difficulty, "I'm okay I guess."

Ayra noticed that a few new faces had entered the room, and her sapphire blue eyes widened with shock when she noticed the Sarosian standing in the room. Ayra didn't think it was possible, and yet there he was, just standing there in the middle of the room. Was he one of the Five? She wondered. No, he can't be, she thought. She was sure that they wouldn't be here of all places, yet it was still a while before she was able to take her eyes off the huntsman. It wasn't until she noticed the Ordinator with the violet scarf standing near him that she finally recognized the warrior, Faeryn.

"Faeryn..." she tried to call out, but her voice was very weak. Would he even remember her? She doubted it. It didn't matter anyways. She had to get moving to. With great difficulty, she shut her eyes tight and focused on banishing the pain away from her back. Thanks to the training she had with the Dark Brotherhood, she had long since learned the ability to banish pain to the back of her mind, and focus on the task at hand. Now, for the first time ever, she was grateful that some of her training really paid off.

She opened her eyes, looked at Adrynn, who was fuming with rage, and knew it was time to go. She was not going to be left behind.

Faeryn Sethandas, Molag Mar Redoran Outpost

He thought he heard a voice call his name. Turning around, Faeryn saw that the wounded Dunmer was, in fact, a familiar face...

...Ayra.

He approached her carefully, "Ayra...what in Oblivion are you doing here? Nevermind...we need to keep moving. You can tell me on the way."

Kriak, Redoran Outpost, Molag Mar

As Kriak followed Adrynn through the outpost he spotted Ayra, bloodied and wounded. What's more, he noticed the markings on her back. Hmmm, Morag Tong perhaps? No... Too bizarre for them, at least that's what they'd call her. And the Daedric markings all over her might be too extreme, too obvious for the 'classy' Tong. She was an assassin alright, a former one at least, but not Tong. I'm guessing Brotherhood, like most people think of me when they see my skills and equipment. The huntsman thought. He highly doubted that she was still involved with him but as she raised herself he caught her staring at him very intently. It was almost like she was entranced by him. She couldn't look away it seemed. He initially caught the gaze out of the corner of his eye but he slowly turned to return it. His expression held less of the cold indifference or savage conviction than it usually did. Softer, warmer, by his standards anyway, he wasn't gaining some idiotic rush of emotions but she was part of the group now and he should probably try not to keep her on edge.. This girl was curious and she found him curious as well but in that slightly wide-eyed gaze he could tell why he was so interesting. She surely could guess at his former profession, whether she knew it was former or not remained to be seen.

Ayra broke the stare but Kriak lingered for a moment before slowly returning his field of vision forward. He readjusted his gear as he caught the little side conversation between Faeryn and Ayra. How curious, an assassin and a temple warrior know each other. Then Ayra started to get moving, still in excruciating pain, though it didn't show, still with blood dripping down her back. "Someone should probably heal your back Ayra, or at least put a salve on it. We need everyone here at full strength if more of these insane cultists rear their heads, which they probably will, between here and the shrine."