HUGE FPS drops in some interiors in certain areas

Exalerion

use "Skyrim INI Manager" disable the "high detail reflection"

Hi, I'm not sure which setting you are talking about right now? And what is "Skyrim INI Manager"? Could you be a little more specific?

Thanks!

Edited by Exalerion

Hi, I'm not sure which setting you are talking about right now? And what is "Skyrim INI Manager"? Could you be a little more specific?

Thanks!

I don't know what the "Skyrim INI Manager" is either, but you wouldn't need such a thing in any case. "Forcehighdetailreflection" is set to 1. I guess he's suggesting you set it to 0. Or change the resolution of your reflections (which is currently 2048, as I recall; I remember because I was thinking that was very high)

Edited by Corwin1971

Thanks!

I don't know what the "Skyrim INI Manager" is either, but you wouldn't need such a thing in any case. "Forcehighdetailreflection" is set to 1. I guess he's suggesting you set it to 0. Or change the resolution of your reflections (which is currently 2048, as I recall; I remember because I was thinking that was very high)

I don't really see the point in setting bForceHighDetailReflection to 0 and lowering my waterreflection resolution because it has nothing to do with my FPS problem in interiors. There isn't even any water in Castle Volkihar. And besides, 2048 isn't really that high... It's just 2K. I think lackesis didn't realize this is about interiors.

I have the same issue...and have no idea on how to fix it...but apparently is an issues related to ELFX, and SMIM...mods working along side....

I also tried disabling the SMIM mod and yes the issue was solved , tried the opposite Mod ELFX disabling it and the SMIM enabled and yes the issue was solved ...so my guess is that there are issues when using this 2 Mods at the same time related to Dungeons and caves....

I have massive drops to 8.5 FPS in this places that makes impossible to control the Character in this spots however there are no CTD of what so ever that makes me think that both Mods use light improvements that work at the same time and cause this issue...but have no idea on how to tweak this...

I have the same issue...and have no idea on how to fix it...but apparently is an issues related to ELFX, and SMIM...mods working along side....

I also tried disabling the SMIM mod and yes the issue was solved , tried the opposite Mod ELFX disabling it and the SMIM enabled and yes the issue was solved ...so my guess is that there are issues when using this 2 Mods at the same time related to Dungeons and caves....

I have massive drops to 8.5 FPS in this places that makes impossible to control the Character in this spots however there are no CTD of what so ever that makes me think that both Mods use light improvements that work at the same time and cause this issue...but have no idea on how to tweak this...

I've already said in this thread that my massive fps drops also occur when playing vanilla Skyrim. It's not mod-related in my case.

After some thinking I decided to try and test it anyway. I mean, in caves or other underground interiors it's actually quite logical to have some wetness or humidity going on: wet walls and water drops. I figured that you meant bForceHighDetailReflections under [Water] in Skyrim.ini. I set it to '0' and the FPS drops are now GONE!!!! IT WORKED!!!! Hahaha, and I thought it was a waste of time!.. Sorry for being so nonchalant!

Thank you very much lackesis for helping me out here! :D

Edited by Exalerion

After some thinking I decided to try and test it anyway. I mean, in caves or other underground interiors it's actually quite logical to have some wetness or humidity going on: wet walls and water drops. I figured that you meant bForceHighDetailReflections under [Water] in Skyrim.ini. I set it to '0' and the FPS drops are now GONE!!!! IT WORKED!!!! Hahaha, and I thought it was a waste of time!.. Sorry for being so nonchalant!

Sorry can you tell me exactly where to change that Matey...cause in my Skyrim ini under water I do not have that bForceHighDetailReflections ...???

Sorry can you tell me exactly where to change that Matey...cause in my Skyrim ini under water I do not have that bForceHighDetailReflections ...???

This tweak isn't in your Skyrim.ini by default. Just add the line somewhere in the [Water] section of your Skyrim.ini

[Water]

bForceHighDetailReflections=0

But since this line wasn't in your Skyrim.ini by default, it might not work. This is because if a line isn't manually added/edited in your .ini files already, the game uses the default value for that line. The default value of bForceHighDetailReflections is '0' already (according to S.T.E.P.). But, make sure to try it anyway, because nothing ventured, nothing gained right? :smile:

Edited by Exalerion

This tweak isn't in your Skyrim.ini by default. Just add the line somewhere in the [Water] section of your Skyrim.ini

[Water]

But since this line wasn't in your Skyrim.ini by default, it might not work. This is because if a line isn't manually added/edited in your .ini files already, the game uses the default value for that line. The default value of bForceHighDetailReflections is '0' already (according to S.T.E.P.). But, make sure to try it anyway, because nothing ventured, nothing gained right? :smile:

Thanks gona try it anyway ...

[Water]

Thanks gona try it anyway ...

Have you tried it already? Did it work? ;)

Edited by Exalerion