Fallout shelter type mod within Fallout New Vegas?

Blindcoyote

Soooo im sure im not the only one thinking this, but what if we could build our own vault? bring people in, expand, grow, maybe even build aliences with NCR, BoS, Legion, maybe even the Raiders or Kahns. I know this idea CAN be done, probably in a way similar to the way the Lucky 38 is grown... i have no idea how someone would go about aquiring an alligence. As far as making a storyline fit in with the New Vegas area.... eh. maybe it was another vault project to see if someone on the outside was cappable of running a vault with no training only a vaultec overseer manual or somthing.

If there is currently a mod like this please let me know, if not... lets fix that.
I have no modding experience im just putting ideas out there.

I don't think there's a way for a player to be able to choose WHERE new rooms would go, but just creating a full vault, then disabling all of it, then enabling rooms as they get "built" by the player would be easy.

Having NPCs with randomly generated stats wouldn't be too bad. Maybe have a script that uses random number generation to setav special stats. Or just a big leveled list.

Could probably have an interface to tell NPCs what rooms to go to. Then have a trigger on the room entrance/exit that adds/subtracts that NPC's relevant SPECIAL stat from a variable for that room's total strength/perception/etc.

Then uses that total special stat to generate resources. Decrease resources with respect to how many vault dwellers you have.

Only thing I'd have no idea how to do is making explorers or script raider attacks. i've just never tried something involving sending NPCs across the wasteland or spawning groups of enemies.

I've been thinking about how interesting making a mod like this would be.

I think what would probably be easiest is to just have it all be controlled by a set of activators.

In Fallout shelter each row has about 8 sections not including elevators. So just have a kind of ant colony reconstruction of the vault which is 8 by (lets say 10 rows for now) cells. Each cell containing either being empty or containing a room of your choosing.

Could put the Overseer's room within the entrance room of the vault and (assuming it's possible) have the game read the ant colony version of the vault to see what the doors in the rooms connect to.