2 override folders ? Why do you need both

seweryn

So i put something in my documents override folder, they work and put some in main game folder. which also work.

Some content creators say that you should put them in my documents, i do not like this since i do not have a lot of space o C drive because it is SSD and is reserved for one or 2 games that i really enjoy and play on daily basis.

So is i read nwn 2 wiki and from what they written their putting things in one place is convinience nothing else, am i getting it right ?

Cheers,

Sew

Put them in your "Documents" override. It doesn't need to be on your C drive if you change the user directory with the -home switch, and if you have limited space you should do that anyway, because all of your saved games would be going into there, and those are quite large.

To use the -home switch, edit your game launch shortcut to add:

-home "E:\New NWN2 user content folder"

Obviously, change the drive letter to whatever you have, and the folder name to whatever you want. That'll be your new user folder as far as NWN2 is concerned, so put all your modifications in there.

This switch also works with Skywing's Client Extension, which you should also be using. You just need to edit the launch shortcut to point to the extension's launcher replacement called "NWLauncher.exe" after you install it.

The -home switch is also useful to create multiple different user folders which can have different mods installed, for those modules that insist on clearing the override folder (which should really only apply to certain kinds of mods).

Edited by Tchos

Put them in your "Documents" override. It doesn't need to be on your C drive if you change the user directory with the -home switch, and if you have limited space you should do that anyway, because all of your saved games would be going into there, and those are quite large.

Obviously, change the drive letter to whatever you have, and the folder name to whatever you want. That'll be your new user folder as far as NWN2 is concerned, so put all your modifications in there.

This switch also works with Skywing's Client Extension, which you should also be using. You just need to edit the launch shortcut to point to the extension's launcher replacement called "NWLauncher.exe" after you install it.

The -home switch is also useful to create multiple different user folders which can have different mods installed, for those modules that insist on clearing the override folder (which should really only apply to certain kinds of mods).

Thanks for help, much appreciated.

Never before used that home tag in shorcuts before.

I will look out that client extension that you mentioned.

Thanks again and have a nice evening.

Cheers,

Sew

Something is not working, it should be a simple thing, basic even, strange.

Am i doing it wrong ?

Edit: It would appear so, i have been launching the game normally as i do with nwn2.exe shortcut.

And was suprised why that home thing wasn't working.

When i attached it to nwn2main.exe shortcut it worked, it seems i will be using that shortcut from now on.

Cheers,

Sew

P.S.

Thanks again.

Yes, you'll have to use whichever shortcut you made to point to the new folder. That's also how you can maintain multiple sets of folders if you want to have different configurations or mod content. You would keep multiple shortcuts with different paths in the -home switch.

Bear in mind that after installing the Client Extension, you won't be pointing the shortcut to nwn2main.exe, but to a new file NWLauncher.exe, which is not to be confused with the NWN2Launcher.exe that comes standard with the game.

Edited by Tchos

Yes, you'll have to use whichever shortcut you made to point to the new folder. That's also how you can maintain multiple sets of folders if you want to have different configurations or mod content. You would keep multiple shortcuts with different paths in the -home switch.

Bear in mind that after installing the Client Extension, you won't be pointing the shortcut to nwn2main.exe, but to a new file NWLauncher.exe, which is not to be confused with the NWN2Launcher.exe that comes standard with the game.

Thanks again for the help.

Cheers,

Sew