• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Kiori

Kiori

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts
He cannot I guess ... he just put the picture on screen by photoshop ...
or maybe I'm wrong.

GreatFuzzy1

GreatFuzzy1

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 72 posts

How are you even able to open up the pictures files like rob_maga in windows? This is what I cant figure out I downloaded photoshop, and installed the nvidia plugin but I still can't look at the armor pictures. I can not even look at the files other modders have made in the override folder.

That is a question for someone more advanced than I. :(

I know it can be done (I watched my husband play with some last night) but I'll have to bug him to actually write up something on how to do that.

Edited by GreatFuzzy1, 21 March 2011 - 06:27 AM.

solarsis

solarsis

Enthusiast

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 183 posts

I was hoping someone would make an erf to change the appearance of the seb300im_low_dagger to look like the gen_im_wep_rog_dua_lore_0 one.

I don't know how to identify which dagger appearance is which, anyone able to help me do this properly?

Edgedy:

Here's an excellent source for weapon appearances together with their item ID's: Adonnay on Bioware Social Network

Ryas

Ryas

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Thanks for this great tutorial. I used this method to change Anders' robe with great success, after adding his robe ID to the variations file.

One question: some armor sets don't have boot graphics, meaning a companion will appear barefoot. Is it possible to add a boot graphic using this method?

Edit: Thought Process' companion armor mod (http://social.biowar...index/6523705/4) can be used to manually equip boots in game. One of the downsides to this mod is that swapping chest armor can tend to revert to the companion's default armor appearance... However, based on my testing, if you edit the default armor in the item_variations.gda, you can equip items such as boots and gloves without them disappearing or reverting.

Edited by Ryas, 23 March 2011 - 06:45 AM.

kennylim

kennylim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Anyone can help out with Bethany's circle robes? I've tried switching it around and still the hands and legs are missing, even though I've already set the equip slots to 0.
I've tried arm_wrba, arm_nuda, and still both are missing hands/legs...

JRANGELOBR

JRANGELOBR

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thanks for your tutorial.
I manage to do some nice replacements with it.
If I got it right, it is possible to replace textures that uses arms, body and legs with another texture used only for the body, if you keep column 11 set to zero for arms and legs if you want invisible ones, only if both textures uses separated sets for arms, bodies and legs, is that right?
I wander if it is possible to replace textures with different structures. I mean, if I want to replace the indoor outfit (cth_homa) that uses a single structure for arms, body and legs, with a texture used only for the body (e.g arm_nuda), but keeping the arms and legs, would it be possible?
Thanks for the help.

JRANGELOBR

JRANGELOBR

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Dear Hotieadin, I had the same problem at the beginning.
The whole thing worked for me this way. For Photoshop CS5 I manually placed the dds.8bi plug-in in Program Files-Adobe-Adobe Photoshop CS5-Plug-ins-3d engines folder.
It also works for Photoshop 7. The only thing different is the folder to place de plug-in: Program Files-Adobe-Photoshop 7.0-Plug-ins-File Formats.
After you place the plug-in, the dds format is available to chose when you open file. The dds files are also opened automatically when you click them, after installing the plug-in.

JRANGELOBR

JRANGELOBR

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Thank you for suggesting http://www.dragonage...ile.php?id=2541 .
That is just what I needed.

Lehcar

Lehcar

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
Why didn't you mention where or how to use the ERF packer?

Thank you for suggesting http://www.dragonage...ile.php?id=2541.
That is just what I needed.

Link fixed. Posted Image

Edited by Lehcar, 22 April 2011 - 07:17 PM.

kradus

kradus

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 609 posts
What's the reference to the mercenary's light strapping? (The one that mages get after working with the red Iron)

I want to find it on that list and change it.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 0.961 seconds