How to make all Guards Male (no female)

kove400

Hey everyone, I am new to this modding business and I am having trouble making my male guards only mod. I can't seem to find where in the editor what is making the guards stay female. I have changed all that I know female guards and their base actors to be all male, and yet I still keep coming up with female guards. And also the female guards that are in the game still walk like bodybuilders, even though I ticked off opposite gender animations.

I also started up a brand new game, and allowed it to play through until I was able to telport to Ivarstead, and check the guards, and the female guards were still there.

Anyone have this issue with NPCs failing to follow the mod? And is there any other settings I am missing?

Download the Creation Kit. Open The creation kit and go to the data. Open skyrim.esm Go to actors and find all female guards and make them male. Then save and activate mod. Hope that helped.

Edited by ilawana

That is exactly what I did, but for some reason there is still female guards walking around. I don't know what I have missed other than there is base data that the guards are created from, and they are leveled NPC's and their placement on the map is only with a special "M" indicating a guard spawn.

Find the placed guards in the render window -> Double click -> Edit Base. From there, it's self explanatory.

I wouldn't exactly call it self explanatory. Once you open up the dummy guard this way, it will have a leveled list that the actot draws from randomly. Located the leveled list in the leveled actors area of the of the object viewer and remove all of the female options. Then if you make a bashed patch you will have to tag your esp relevel/delevel. That's not really self explanatory at all, actually.

Funny, I made my game just the opposite. Don't even need the CK, I did it in TES5Edit. Just search the leveled lists for "guard" and "soldier". There will be a lot of listings for them. I made an esp that overrides the main game esms, and just deleted what I wanted to get rid of. While I was at it I edited the leveled outfits (got rid of the helmets). The changes won't happen immediately, it takes time for the cells to reset. I had mixes of both male and female for awhile, helmets, no helmets, but eventually my game looked like the pic after I edited that cell reset timer to speed up the process...

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag64/djheraeus/Skyrim%204k/enb%202015_08_20%2022_29_38_01_zpsjf4jgmap.jpg

• 8 months later...

Hey everyone, I am new to this modding business and I am having trouble making my male guards only mod. I can't seem to find where in the editor what is making the guards stay female. I have changed all that I know female guards and their base actors to be all male, and yet I still keep coming up with female guards. And also the female guards that are in the game still walk like bodybuilders, even though I ticked off opposite gender animations.

I also started up a brand new game, and allowed it to play through until I was able to telport to Ivarstead, and check the guards, and the female guards were still there.

Anyone have this issue with NPCs failing to follow the mod? And is there any other settings I am missing?

Hi! Did you ever figure this out? I'd love to find a mod that makes guards male only. I use Chivalry to keep all bandits and forsworn male, but I have yet to find a mod for the Imperial Guards. Please let me know!