UHV - Overhaul - Poll Page

Pegorino

Ultimate Holds and Villages - Economy and Visual Overhaul  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the mod?

• I think it's a good idea. This kind of mod is currently missing.
    • I don't know. Will wait to see how it is ingame.
    • I won't use it anyway, so I don't care.
    • I like it, but I would suggest something: (add suggestion down in the thread)
    • I hope it'll be compatible with mod: (add mod name here)
  2. 2. Do you like the concept of each settlements having its own products that are now produced elsewhere in Skyrim?

• Yes. Travelling for something that I need is a nice idea, instead of always having the same thing in the same city.
    • Maybe. But it would be nice to have basic shops in towns for everything, with the more expensive things concentrated where they are produced locally.
    • Neh, I don't want to travel to buy serious stuff.
  3. 3. Do you want expanded cities? (and I mean moving the walls to make more space as in my previous mod)

• Yes, definately. More space to make more alive those dead cities of Skyrim. They should be lore-friendly.
    • Maybe, it you keep performance good.
    • Nah, I like the cities as they are in Skyrim.
    • Yes, more buildings.
    • Yes, but more vegetations.

Mod main page.

This is currently used as a discussion thread for people willing to contribute with suggestions, ideas and by answering to the poll above. The poll is very useful to me so that I can direct my workflow efficiently based on your feedback.

Edited by Pegorino

Scrivener, as in expanded cities, I mean moving a bit the walls and accomodate more houses. I will ensure that it is compatible with sieges and other quests. But of course some mods won't be compatible with it, like Open Cities and JK's Whiterun etc. As to understand how my cities look, look at Romantic Whiterun, my previous mod.

Also, I like your idea Boombro.

@Boombro - That sounds exactly like vanilla taverns and inns

Yes, but those are inn rooms. There is a difference between that and an apartment that acts as a tiny house with a small kitchen, living room etc. Plus less leg, less fps drain and more privacy.

And I forgot, more clothing and jewelry merchants, bigger stables and fenced farms. Maybe a garden area for the locals?

I think what makes this mod so interesting is the idea of variable economy depending on the region. That is what should be focused on, imo. I'd not change the look and outlay of a city.

I think many users would be scared off to see their favourite city overhaul incompatible with your mod. So I'd just focus on the "technical" part of your mod, meaning the economy, and leave the new buildings and such to other modders, because right now, the Nexus offers a pretty good variety on City Overhauls. Your mod should compliment them, not replace them.

Anyway, just my 2 cents. You do you :smile: This mod will be excellent either way, I'm sure of it.

EDIT: Oups, just realized you're the guy from Romantic Whiterun, who made the city look really fancy and nice. You should, I don't know, make the changing of the cities' appearances optional? :)

Edited by Imatelevision

Personally I won't be scared to use this mod. I'm a frequent ETAC and JK's user.

I decided to run JK alone with the towns and cities overhaul, gave me a weird feeling seeing Riverwood.

I was so used to seeing it being bigger with ETAC, but it wasn't a bad feeling only took time to get used too.

What I love about JK is the visual looks, the new spaces to go to and explore. Unused area's utilized and what not is just great.

When I saw Romantic Whiterun, I loved it absolutely. It gave me the vibe of an actual city during the Medieval Ages.

The cramp spaces, the compacter area's... I just love it and it looks amazing. Hell it makes it look like an all new game to me.

I've been playing Witcher 3 and I plan on giving my Skyrim the same "vibe" and this is exactly a mod I'm looking for to use it.

I absolutely love your flea district, you gave a more appealing look to a pretty bland city.

IMO you don't really see the difference in classes in the vanilla cities, well maybe Windhelm and Markarth but not that much.

I mean there's a civil war going on and you don't even notice it in the cities really unless you do sieges.

That's what I loved to see in JK's overhaul for Solitude, the blacksmith there had a "huge" amount of Armour and weapons ready to ship out to the legion.

I just wonder is there an option to access the rooftops or get to higher grounds?

Would be nice for stealth players, but I just like going to places where I'm basically not supposed too.

Personally now that I look at it: Skyrim feels like being run by robots, what I loved by running in Witcher 3's cities is seeing all those npc's.

Thugs, thieves, beggars, drunks, shady people, merchants, rich people, pirates, dock hands, prostitutes and guards.

It just adds to the "liveliness" of a city, I'm not saying add prostitutes and brothels to cities so my character can go whoring around.

I mean they where around in those times and people needed a little R&R sometimes.

When you featured the Deathhead Legion, I thought to my self: Oh s*** those guys look imposing, better not mess with them any time soon.

The vanilla legion looked like a joke, but what you showed of the Deathhead Legion turned them into a force to be reckoned with.

My only suggestion would be maybe adding something as a black market or a small stash in one of the many alley's in the "bigger" cities like Whiterun and Solitude

Sorry for the long post :tongue:

Edited by William Lionheart

UHV is similar in visuals to Romantic Whiterun. I'm going from East to West gradually overhauling the cities and towns from scratch.

A lot of mods just embellish Riverwood and Whiterun, or they just keep in that area without any kind of similar dedication to the otherwise more interesting settlements.

Kynesgrove is now a full settlement, since Windhelm lacked a nearby village from where I could set my caravans to depart.

Braidwood Inn has been remade from zero.

Personally I like the overall idea + having apartments with lower, middle, and upper class options. With the lower class houses either being in the slums or outside the main wall. But I think it may be best to make the expanded city optional per hold incase people want to run another overall along side this one. But something I think is really need however is an overhaul to the minor settlements expanding farms and such. Generally just giving the impression these places could support life.