NVSE not working with Windows 10?

Storran

Have you tried sunnning them as admin?

Windows 10 UAC seems to be a bit sensitive compared to windows 7.

+1

if your steam folder is in the default location, you need to make sure you run pretty much everything as Admin. At least that's how its worked for me.

i know this was posted a long time ago but can someone tell me how to fix the problem where it says "couldn't find FalloutNV.exe"

Assuming you are getting this error from NVSE, did you install it using a mod manager? If so, they assume everything goes into the "Data" folder, which is not correct for NVSE. You need to re-read the install instructions and install it manually. Also see "Checklist item #4" in the "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

-Dubious-

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

I'm having nothing but bloody problems with this as well. I'm having an insane amount of trouble with installing any type of mods and it is the first time I've ever been able to play Bethesda games on a pc. I finally got a nice gaming pc that can play ultra graphics without exploding and now I can't even get the basic mods to work on FO3 Or new vegas.

Fallout 4 hasn't had any issues though but I still can't use anything that requires the fallout script extenders for it at all.

Every time I follow explicit directions on the NVSE tutorials it still doesn't work. At all.

I've tried everything except voodoo and human sacrifice and I am EXTREMELY frustrated. -.-

Is windows 10 possibly causing this issue side by side with steam?

There has been a very recent problem with NVSE since the latest Win10 patch. Please see the 'Issue: NVSE - fails to load after update KB4058043 to Win10 FCU (v1709)' entry in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide to see if it is the same problem. If so, you might want to contact the NVSE team to help confirm it is occurring.

If the problem started prior to 15 Dec, then it is something different.

You said you are running Win10. Did you get the "Fall Creator's Update" (FCU aka "RedStone 3")? Do you have "New Vegas Stutter Remover" (NVSR) installed? If all three are "true", then please see the 'Issue: Recent (post-Win10 FCU) CTDs after 10-20 minutes of play' (and other "heap size") entries in the 'Solutions to Performance problems' section in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide.

Did you install Steam to it's default location? If so, please see the wiki "Installing Games on Windows Vista+" article for why the original default Steam behavior of installing games to the "C:\Program Files" folder tree was bad (they learned better, and don't do that any more); and why "disabling UAC and running as Administrator" is NOT sufficient, with instructions how to move it. This is the single most important thing you can do to fix and protect yourself against problems in the future. As much of a PITA as that is, it's never going to be any easier than now. Please see the 'Restoring to "Vanilla"' section of the wiki "FNV General Mod Use Advice" article as well.

Please see the 'Checklist Item #4' entry in the wiki "Fallout NV Mod Conflict Troubleshooting" guide. It may have some information you didn't get from other instructions on installing NVSE, and how to test it is working correctly.

-Dubious-

Edited by dubiousintent

• 1 month later...

Ok this is how I was able to fix this problem. I have 2 drives on my CPU one is the static drive which is the C:\ and the other is the D:\ drive. I did a clean install of FNV from steam to my D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FalloutNewVegas. I then ran FNV via steam to create the ini file. I then added NVSE per the readme file to that same file. I ran FNV using the NVSE.launcher checked with the command prompt with getNVSEversion to make sure it was working and it was. then I installed fnv4gb exe and dll files to that same folder D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\FalloutNewVegas and ran FNV with the fnv4gb.exe file and again checked with the command prompt to make sure NVSE was still working and it was. I then via NMM resinstalled all my mods, created a custom launch to use fnv4gb.exe and presto whammo everything seems to be working just like the modding gods intended. I hope this helps.

• 2 months later...

First of all, have you been able to get the vanilla game to run? Where did you install it to? Please provide ALL the information requested in the wiki "How to ask for help" article. Don't forget to identify things that do not appear in the "load order", such as NVSE and it's related plugins, texture replacements (specifically their larger image sizes: 1024x1024, etc.), and "post-processors" like ENB or SweetFX.

Run through what you did so we can see if you misinterpreted something. Be detailed and precise.

-Dubious-