Perception affects ranged weapon accuracy in VATS

Cubicar

I'm assuming you're using NVSE right?

I was hoping fate will save me from using it, I guess my current LCK just is not high enough, but thanks anyway.

The way I currently have it is that for every few seconds in the pipboy or some other menu (this can be changed if you want it to),

This should occur in VATS menu, or it is not considered as menu? And it would be appropriate to make detection occur once upon entering VATS. Is it possible?

I'm assuming you're using NVSE right?

I was hoping fate will save me from using it, I guess my current LCK just is not high enough, but thanks anyway.

The way I currently have it is that for every few seconds in the pipboy or some other menu (this can be changed if you want it to),

This should occur in VATS menu, or it is not considered as menu? And it would be appropriate to make detection occur once upon entering VATS. Is it possible?

Yeah I've set it up to work in the VATS menu, should work automatically but I haven't tested it.

Sadly, it's a little bit out of my ability to do this without using NVSE (or if it's even possible to make the mod without it.)

Edited by Cdr248

I have another more simple idea how to tie ranged combat with the PER - VATS should ignore targets that are not detected by the compass. Seems to me fair enough. But is that possible to be done through modding?

Edited by Cubicar

I have another more simple idea how to tie ranged combat with the PER - VATS should ignore targets that are not detected by the compass. Seems to me fair enough. But is that possible to be done through modding?

Probably not.

I don't know any functions that detect if someone is on the compass, let alone be able to ignore them in VATS.

EDIT:

Now that I think about it you could just have the max VATS range and the max Compass range be the same, although then you'd need perception to affect what the max VATS range is.

Edited by Cdr248