True Bastard Swords In Skyrim

Editorial

So, someone makes Immersive Weapons, and I'm running through Skyrim for the millionth time, and I note something odd. I kill a vampire, and acquire a Eastern Dwemer Bastard Sword!

Silly me, to think,"Awesome, a sword I can wield one handed or two!" Little did I find out, there was no programming for that.

I want to know if it's genuinely possible, and I thought of a nice idea, but don't know any way to incorporate it.

Now follow me.

In Skyrim, spells can be in one hand or both. Do something like that with the sword. Right or left clicking puts it in the left or right hand normally, but right and then left clicking places it in both for use as a two hander.

Then we give the mod a place in the MCM menu (making it require SkyUI, of course) and we let it access all weapons available in the game on a list. You can run along these lists and make certain swords wield-able this way.

So whatcha think? Cool, or drool?

Edited by Editorial

Of course, it would require some crazy scripting, but I think it might be possible. Essentially a sword that you can wield either way, and a script that detects its equipped status and uses the appropriate animations for the equip status.

Someone's even made a form of system for that in a previous mod here on the Nexus. http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/34804/

Not a hybrid animation, rather a way to equip one weapon in ways that would allow you to switch from one animation to the other. Found it already, called Unlocked Grip.

Edited by Editorial

Unlocked Grip, giving the ability to switch from one hand to two hand with a single weapon, was the mod I was looking into that you linked.

Utility.Wait() is scripting, usually causing a delay in execution for any number of reasons from "let's wait until this animation finishes to begin execution of the rest of the event" to "I want a timer so that the execution of this event mimics a spell being cast"...

From what I've noticed, using it in my game, there seems to be an issue where loading a save and using the hotkey to change grip ends up turning the weapon invisible, but is easily fixed by resetting the weapon via MCM and reequipping the item, then equipping it as 1H.

Now that I think about it, maybe the mod creator should know about this "bug"/limitation.

From what I've noticed, using it in my game, there seems to be an issue where loading a save and using the hotkey to change grip ends up turning the weapon invisible, but is easily fixed by resetting the weapon via MCM and reequipping the item, then equipping it as 1H.

Now that I think about it, maybe the mod creator should know about this "bug"/limitation.

Try COCing into a non game and bat file yourself the items after about a 2 minute wait in a clean cell. COC Qasmoke to the testing cell, wait for MCM to dial in all yer mods, bat file yourself a bastard sword, COC to anywhere in the wilderness and start messing around. Should be a good test situation for most mods, even a list of mods. No main quest, and can't start it without console commands or bat file. :D Test for yourself all the things.