76 replies to this topic

leetgamer

leetgamer

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 491 posts

Aveline is to manly for my taste,

Huh? I did not know you can romance Aveline,
didn't she date that guard 'what ever' name?
(oh... I hate her personal quest >.<).

Nawh you can't romance her.

You can't? I saw there were flirting options with her so i just assumed it is possible. Not that it matters, for me anyway.

Those are there to trick you >:P her heart belongs to that guard Donnic fellow.

markoBG

markoBG

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 453 posts
Damn, now i want to romance her!

kayinv

kayinv

Old hand

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 559 posts
Isabela would be a better romance option if there was more information about her past. She mentions a deadbeat husband who she was sold too by her less then loving mother, but she also says he never hit her or abused her. Whether or not this is true int he mental/emotional side, we don't know, but she makes it pretty clear that she wasn't abused. That...I dunno, bothers me. Isabela having an abusive husband who made her life miserable would be a very good reason for her fear with relationships (namely the "I love you" kind.) Instead she mentions she did love someone but that she ran away, so instantly she isn't sympathetic anymore and is branded a coward.

Then again, I think Isabela represents many, many real people. How many of us have been too scared and ran away? Maybe she's Bioware's example of how selfish and cowardly all of us can be.

wildx22

wildx22

Journeyman

• Supporter
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
I am so touched by the Anders love scene. I need to see some mods for it to fill in the fade to black.

azA09

azA09

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
surely if you dont like the romances then why not try to make your own. isnt that...i dont know what modding is for?

still maybe thats me being optimistic...and hopeful.Sigh.Where have all the companion mods gone?

gamestopkate

gamestopkate

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
I enjoy the intensity that they put into some of the romances, however honestly? I hated how non-dynamic the relationships were.

I disagree with the OP politely in saying that the female romances are waaaay better than the male ones. After all Merrill doesn't blow up a Chantry no matter what you say to her. And furthermore, even though Isabella is a ho bag, at least you sort of help her to become a better person. Unlike your mage hater (Fenris) and resident magical terrorist (Anders).

Spoiler

setiweb

setiweb

Ordinary Average Guy

• Premium Member
  • 7,787 posts
Once a character is recruited you can change the approval via the console commands (however Fenris is bugged on my game and will gain friendship approval no matter what is selected.)

`runscript zz_app_debug

I just friend/rival them where I want and not worry about specific dialog choices. :)

Shacary

Shacary

Old hand

• Premium Member
  • 569 posts
I actually replayed DA 2 and i liek the Fenris romance. It suprosed the hell out of me to be honest cuz i didnt much care for DA 2 but his romance is adorable, altho there are so many balnk spots and lil interaction. I totally miss the DAO ablity to tlak to your mates whenever or iss /hug em now and then. they have a huge 3 year gap where its like everyone is in stasis and also just a lot of missing lil things... DAO relations way better, but the potential is there for DA2 story wise, just missed its mark a bit imo.

Sin76

Sin76

Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
I'd have to agree the romances are a bit shallow, Meryl has to be the best until she moves in and becomes a recluse, running off every chance to stare at her mirror, which you never get to bloody fix anyhow ? On my first play-through I thought you'd at least got to know what the damn thing does, it sure as hell doesn't explain it in awakening.

Isabella: My god where do I start, okay so she's the bad girl choice with a few miles on the clock and multiple drivers but come on, does she really have to flirt with other companions even after you started the romance? She's not afraid of being loved, she's scared of being stuck with the same guy for too long.

Anders: Just a bit to fanatical and whiny.... Oh god he really does depress the hell out me, I much preferred him in Awakening.

LadyMilla

LadyMilla

Resident poster

• Moderators
  • 15,143 posts

I'd have to agree the romances are a bit shallow, Meryl has to be the best until she moves in and becomes a recluse, running off every chance to stare at her mirror, which you never get to bloody fix anyhow ?

You probably missed something. In my game Merrill fixed the eluvian and then she broke it after Marethari's death. Unlike Anders, she at least knew when to stop and what price was too high to pay.

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.139 seconds