What ending do you think is best? - Poll

VincentIcarus

What side would you shoose?  

232 members have voted

1. 1. Of the 4 General Endings which one did you chose?

• Independent New Vegas under Mr. House
    • Independent New Vegas under Yes Man
    • NCR Rule of the Mojave
    • Caesar's Legion Conquest of the Mojave

I tried to do the NCR ending once, but since I had already helped the BoS become less isolationist by putting Hardin in control, I couldn't go any further because my only option was to wipe out the BoS. I wouldn't mind wiping them out normally and I have with another character, because by the time of FO:NV they are really borderline lawful-neutral/lawful-evil (though not as evil as the Legion), but on that playthrough I had already helped them along a path that I thought would make them more useful to the Mojave (the original leader was a prick). Why would I want to destroy them after I had already helped them choose a new ruler? The only way to avoid killing them if you play NCR is if you leave the original, paranoid isolationist leader, Hardin will not consider an NCR alliance. Anyway, NCR is way too much like the late 19th century USA for me to feel good about helping them, completely in the pocket of the wealthy traders and brahmin barons, willing to terrorize innocent mutants and slaughter women and children if they are in the way of the rich getting richer. They have some good people working for them, but so do all the factions, even the Legion.

So I go for Independent New Vegas under Yes Man. In another playthrough I may leave the BoS alone and go the NCR route that creates an NCR/BoS alliance, but putting those two together doesn't seem like it would be good in the long run.

• 2 weeks later...

Additionally, the Legion is rich, just look at the exchange rates from Denarii to caps vs. NCR money to caps. Legion money is worth 400% in caps, while NCR money is worth 40% in caps. ren't any factories to make more securitrons(the vault is just a storage facility), so there just isn't any longevity in those endings.

The reason Legion money is worth so much more than NCR money is because Legion money is metal coins, and NCR money is just paper. It's pretty amazing if you think about it that the NCR got people to exchange precious caps for paper. The Legion uses metals in their coins, and their money is rarer (almost every NCR soldier has about 100 NCR dollars on their corpse, and the lower ranking common Legion people have 3-4 Denarius.)

I prefer the NCR. After witnessing a group of Legion fail to ambush two merchants and their mercenaries highway heading to Novac, near Wolfhorn Ranch), it solidified my decision. It takes a lot of guts to charge in with machetes and all, but you don't bring a knife to a gun fight.

• 2 weeks later...
NCR can govern its own republic, but House not only deserves but also is the best choice when it comes to ruling the Mojave. The Brotherhood should act as scientists and a secondary army to the NCR. Yesman(and thus the Courier) and Legion are bad choices for not only the Mojave, but also for the rest of the Wasteland.

I finally got around to the "Kill Caesar and make it look like an accident" ending where you let Legate Lanius take over. Caesar was a heck of a lot more benevolant to some of the old factions than Lanius, I think Lanius is more true to the pure ideology of Legion, regardless of who he's dealing with.

But that aside, it occured to me that under Caesar it never made much sense for him to be opposed to the BoS. No reason is ever given for his demand on the Courier, but think about it: the Legion is low tech and the BoS is high tech. The Legion and BoS could co-exist peacefully and they'd be working to benefit one another without requiring any kind of alliance.

The Legion should be happy to have the BoS out there rounding up all the high tech weapons and getting them stored away in secure undergound vaults because The Legion doesn't use high tech weapons and they know the BoS won't bother them since they are low tech.

Likewise the BoS could remain true to their principles, they'd have no reason to fight the Legion who aren't using any high tech.

Both sides should realize they are of no threat or real interest to the other group.

So there could be an ending where "we don't interfere with one another and neither party has anything to fear from the other" because both factions are at the same time pure in their ideology and mutually distinct in their goals. I got to thinking about this during the last round and it should be possible to modify the main quest for the Legion to allow some kind of treaty to be enacted that would satisfy the ideological goals of both groups.

Edited by drakeelvin

I finally got around to the "Kill Caesar and make it look like an accident" ending where you let Legate Lanius take over. Caesar was a heck of a lot more benevolant to some of the old factions than Lanius, I think Lanius is more true to the pure ideology of Legion, regardless of who he's dealing with.

But that aside, it occured to me that under Caesar it never made much sense for him to be opposed to the BoS. No reason is ever given for his demand on the Courier, but think about it: the Legion is low tech and the BoS is high tech. The Legion and BoS could co-exist peacefully and they'd be working to benefit one another without requiring any kind of alliance.

The Legion should be happy to have the BoS out there rounding up all the high tech weapons and getting them stored away in secure undergound vaults because The Legion doesn't use high tech weapons and they know the BoS won't bother them since they are low tech.

Likewise the BoS could remain true to their principles, they'd have no reason to fight the Legion who aren't using any high tech.

Both sides should realize they are of no threat or real interest to the other group.

So there could be an ending where "we don't interfere with one another and neither party has anything to fear from the other" because both factions are at the same time pure in their ideology and mutually distinct in their goals. I got to thinking about this during the last round and it should be possible to modify the main quest for the Legion to allow some kind of treaty to be enacted that would satisfy the ideological goals of both groups.

Or the legion sees BOS as a bunch of well trained warriors ready to be conquered.

Or the legion sees BOS as a bunch of well trained warriors ready to be conquered.

I think Caesar sees the Brotherhood as a threat. His... legion of tribal warriors with swords, ballistic fists, and hardly any guns, no medicine, just can't stack up to the Brotherhood's basic invincibility to machetes. Try hitting a steel plate with a lawnmower blade with a handle attached to it. Eventually, you'll maybe have a couple dents in it, or the blade will break. By that time, the person wearing the armor is going to have turned you into a pile of ash or a pile of body parts with their laser or gauss rifles. It doesn't matter what kind of numbers Caesar has, his tribe conglomerate just can't beat the Brotherhood.

I think Caesar sees the Brotherhood as a threat. His... legion of tribal warriors with swords, ballistic fists, and hardly any guns, no medicine, just can't stack up to the Brotherhood's basic invincibility to machetes. Try hitting a steel plate with a lawnmower blade with a handle attached to it. Eventually, you'll maybe have a couple dents in it, or the blade will break. By that time, the person wearing the armor is going to have turned you into a pile of ash or a pile of body parts with their laser or gauss rifles. It doesn't matter what kind of numbers Caesar has, his tribe conglomerate just can't beat the Brotherhood.

You don't even have to meet the brotherhood in the battlefield, they live in a single bunker. Just block off the bunker, air vents, or chuck some bombs into the vents.

That might sound too easy, but that's really it. There isn't any way to escape the place, just kill them by making them run out of supplies.

The legion doesn't have a problem with explosives from what I have seen. A lot of soldiers commonly carry grenades, and use them.

After all one of the biggest attacks on the NCR was at searchlight. That was a dirty bomb.

What the legion could do is blow out the air vents and set off one of those in the valley. Unlike a dam battle, the legion could have a lot of time to prepare a bomb to set off.

Besides the legion will use guns if they need to, they just prefer melee for honor.