Custom Radio Announcer?

ManehattanProject

So as part of GoE, we actually already have someone slated for the position of voice actor in the vein of ThreeDog.

There are dozens of guides on how to make a radio station, so that's not what I'm asking. What I'm wondering if how I go about having an interactive radio announcer, namely one that comments on the player's actions throughout the storyline of GoE, just like Three Dog (and I think Mr. New Vegas does...honestly, I rarely listen to that station).

In addition to this, how does one attach the "song announcement" to a particular song? It is as simple as linking a piece of dialogue to a specific song, or is there something special...or even simpler? (add the voice recording to the beginning/end of the song itself).

Finally, I remember that whenever I entered my Megaton home and I had the radio playing, Three Dog would always be on a news segment (at least as far as I can remember). In fact, usually when I turned on the radio even on the PipBoy, it usually started with a news segment unless you've been flipping channels or listened to it recently. Anyone have some experience on how that's handled?

Thanks folks. I appreciate the help, as always. :)

-NI

In the RadioGalaxyNews quest object, look at the Radio tab. The dummy topic RadioGNRPlayerEploitsRELAY has a bunch of random infos, each of which is conditional on quest stages or other things that indicate a player has completed a task, and some quest variables that keep track of which ones Three Dog has already mentioned on the air. For an (imperfect) example, you can look at Quo Vagis - Three Dog comments on Lolipopz if the player gives him help wanted posters, which sounds close to what you're trying to do. I say "imperfect", because I did it by adding a topic to the vanilla quest (at the risk of conflicting with other mods). I should have added an info to the same topic in one of my own quest objects instead, but I recall having difficulty making it work that way. don't remember why.

The whole news/PSA/song intro/song sequencing is handled by "link to" topics in each section (e.g. the RadioGNRPlayerKarmaTitles topics link to RadioGNRPlayerEploitsRELAY. When one of those infos is selected at random, it has a link to the info with the actual voice file for that exploit. That info links to RadioGNRNewsPost, which randomly selects a PSA or song intro, and so on.