witch hunt problem

seo009

'I have 2 big issues with DAO. First, I cant upload my character, when I try to it says that DAO must shut down due to an error. Second, it says that area can't be loaded. I dont know what to do.' the problems is in witch hunt

Sorry you're having problems, seo009. :confused:

In order to provide any help we'd need to know a few more things.

a. What mods do you have installed?

b. What patch level (has to be 1.04 for Witch Hunt)

c. What kind of install (retail disc?, Steam?, D2D?)

The first one is Witch Hunt v1.1, the rest are the bonus items your other PCs can receive in other campaigns (DA:O, DA:A, and GoA) after you've completed Witch Hunt. But you wouldn't normally see those names, you'd see them listed by their "In-Game" titles. No where would they appear with those names as "installed"...

And you didn't answer the questions about what OTHER mods, and what kind of installation of the original game you have (retail disc, Steam, or D2D). :confused:

Many people have had similar events ("unable to load" or "exit to main menu") when there is a conflict with another mod or, (often) a conflict with a MISSING mod that had been in use during the Save that you are now trying to load, but is no longer there.

Which is why I asked about other mods... :whistling:

It would appear that the game does not think you have a legitimate copy of Witch Hunt.

Remove the current files and re-download from your "Player Entitlements" page, here: http://social.bioware.com/user_entitlements.php,

or directly from here: http://na.llnet.bioware.cdn.ea.com/u/p/eagames/bioware/dragonage/content/DAO_PRC_STR/DAO_WitchHunt.exe, then re-install it.